Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I hear the drums echoing tonight...

What did i do tonight?

Well, after a somewhat hectic day at work, Phoenix and I went for supper. We were going tonight cause the end of the week, he gets his schnoz operated on (well, not the schnoz per se, actually it's his sinuses) and he'll be out of commission for about a week or so. At any rate, we ate at Ruby Tuesdays and had a nice meal and nicer conversation. He then stated he was going to Target, and when he said he'd drive, I said sure, I'll go along.

Just in case anyone's curious, Target does not carry ice crushers. In fact, the first I asked looked like I was speaking a foreign laungage when I asked for one. Luckily she took me to a lady who seemed a bit more knowledgable. I asked her about the ice crusher and she said, "Funny you should ask! We don't carry them, a blender would be the closest thing we have. " I'm wondering where the funny part comes in until she says, "but you're the second person this week to ask for one. Try Bed, Bath, And Beyond." I told her I already tried that but they were out of them. She smiled and said, "But now you know where they sell them." Yeah. Right.

So then as we were driving back to my car when we passed the Big K (previously known as K-Mart), Phoenix jokingly asked if I wanted to check there for an ice crusher. And I said, YES, yes indeed I do. So I made him drive over there and we checked it out. And no, Big K doesnt carry ice crushers either. Did see a nice set of Superman bedsheets, but I dont think they came in King Size.

And then I drug him over to Wonder Book And Video, cause the one store in town is shutting down once the new store opens, and they have a sale on at the first store to get rid of all the books they have there. All thier books are just $1.00. So we were in there for at least 45 minutes. I found a 2005 World Almanac, a Politcal Landscape book from 2000, and a big book on Toronto from 1959, detailing all the great things that have happened and are planning on happening in the 1960's in Toronto! As well as three other books. Did I need any of these books? Clearly not. But geez louise, they were just a dollar! One of the books had a price tag of $7.99 on it. I got 6 books for $6.30! What a bargain! Phoenix got a few CD's, 3 for $6.00.

So anyways, after that I came home here and posted to let you know all about it! Now I plan on taking a shower and ending up in bed relatively soon.

POLT

No matter how old she is, a mother watches even her middle-aged kids for signs of improvement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me. I still owe you some money. Oops.