Monday, January 29, 2007

Life's a snippet, one way ticket...

Just some random, unrelated tidbits from my life recently...

My throat is still sore but managable with Advil. My head, though, is producing more snot than a man ought to be allowed to! I don't think I've ever blown my nose as much as I have this past weekend. It's crazy. I hoep I get over it soon!
**************************************************
Last year they put a Rutters store right down the street from my place. I can look out the window beside me and see it right now. It's a convience store, but apparently, they're only in Maryland and Pennsylvania. At any rate, they have a small deli there that serves a wide variety of foods, one of which is chicken corn soup. Mama Shockey makes THE best chicken corn soup in the world, but Rutters is giving her a run for her money. And while she doesn't have it available all year round, THEY do! I've been living off the stuff for the past 6 weeks or so. Man, it's incredible! I'd recommend it to anyone, if you can get some of it.
***************************************************
I did laundry today, and had so much to do, I had two loads of nothing but shirts: t-shirts, polo shirts, work shirts with the business name embroidered on it, that sorta thing. I was down to nothing but t-shirts with the sleeves cut off, shirts with stupid sayings on them ("Property of Alcatraz Mental Health Ward"), and ones that were so old and worn they shoulda been made into dust rags during the Clinton Administration. And I've still got more to do, didn't have time to touch whites today. *SIGH*
***************************************************
I'm so happy 'Heroes' is back on TV, i could weep.
***************************************************
Go Colts!
***************************************************
Read an article recently that said Al Gore should run for president, and if he would, he'd win both the Democratic nomination and the presidency itself. I have NEVER liked Al Gore, not since he first ran for president in 1988. But I gotta tell ya, I saw him give several speeches in the last 4 years or so, and I tell ya, he got me fired up just in the hour I watched him. IF he runs and IF he's that type of AL Gore, not the over-consulted, wooden, not-speak-his-mind AL Gore of the 2000 campaign, I think I'd have to shift my support for Edwards to him. I mean, after all, the guy already got the most votes once, why should we assume he wouldn't do it a second time?
***************************************************
Phoenix had his sinus surgery last Friday. He called me Friday night, sounding a bit stuffy (no surprise) and groggy, but he said everything went well. That's good news.
***************************************************
I belong to several Yahoo groups and from these groups, I get photos sent to me each day. Sometimes people will send 3, 4, 5, or more photos at one time. I could always click on the email and all the photos would show up, in mini form, and I could decide whether I wanted to click on them to download them and then save them or not. Last week, my free Norton trial expired, and I downloaded and installed the free McAfee stuff that comes with my Internet. Only now, I can't see the photo in the mini size anymore, only the names come up. That means I have to download every photo to see if I want to save it, and a number of them I'm uninterested in. I went into mCAfee and disabled my parental controls and the stuff that's supposed to block certain images, but that hasn't helped. I dont know where else to check to change this back to the way it was. IF I can't change it with McAfee, I might just have to purchase Norton and go back to them. This is taking WAAAAAY to long to do this way. Any ideas?
****************************************************
About 300am Sunday morning I was woken up by a Charley Horse in my right calf. Oh sweet mercy did that hurt! I rubbed it, and pointed my toes upwards, which you're supposed to do, and that helped alleviate it quicker than if I hadn't. but even now, I'm walking with a slight limp cause the damn thing is still tender and hurts a bit. Man, they suck.
*****************************************************
Man it is COLD...and all of a sudden too. I mean, it's liek 26 degrees, which isn't as bad as the frigidness I hear about further north, like in Canada and such, but it seems colder cause it was just so warm not too long ago. And I supposed i wouldn't mind it so much if I wore something heavier than a sweatshirt when I went outside, huh?
*****************************************************
Got to see "Little Miss Sunshine" last weekend, and LOVED it! If you haven't seen it, buy, borrow or rent it today! It is a great film! I hope it wins all teh Oscars it's nominated for.
*****************************************************
Freddie has car trouble and can't come down next weekend. I can't get up there yet, and he probably won't be able to come down until like the last weekend in February, so its gonna be another dry spell for us. Damn.....
*****************************************************
Amie had her baby, a little girl named Eve. Conrats to Amie, her husband, and thier new little girl.

POLT

"Nelson! You kissed a girl!" "That's so gay!" - Jimbo Jones, The Simpsons

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey get over that cold soon! Too bad about Freddie not coming down, that's a bummer. Have a good day.

Onanite

Anonymous said...

Gore already said he's not running for President. Tell Freddie to get that car fixed and get down there! It was 12 Degrees here yesterday but 34 degrees today. I eat Chicken soup when I have a cold but Corn soup might be just as good. I've never had it.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, GO COLTS!!!

Sexy Duet said...

The first episode of Heroes was on tonight, looks like a good show. Hope your cold gets better and the time passes quickly until you see Freddie again.

Ms SD