Monday, January 22, 2007

If I just lay here, will you lie with me...

Freddie left this morning. He returned to college. He got up, showered, got his stuff together, and left. I got up and kissed him and hugged him goodbye, then watched him drive off from my balcony door. I went to the bathroom and got a drink of water, then climbed back into the still warm bed. I pulled the covers up over me, and rolled onto my side. I brought a pillow to my chest, wrapped my arms around it and laid my head on it. And I could smell Freddie on it.

And that's how I went back to sleep, laying like that and inhaling his scent.

I'm sad. I'm usually sad when he leaves. Am I depressed? no. Am I crying and upset? no. But I'm sad cause I miss him. And because of conflicting schedules, we're not really sure when we're going to see each other again. But we know we will.

And then, I'll get to go to sleep inhaling his scent again, not with a pillow next to me, but Freddie himself.

POLT

"Did you redecorate?" "It's easier than cleaning." - Arnold, Torch Song Trilogy

3 comments:

Doug said...

Thinkin' happy thoughts. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

Smooches sweet sweetie...I'm thinking snuggly thoughts for ya...

Sexy Duet said...

I know only too well how sad it is when you have to part again, I hope it isnt too long until you are back together again.

Ms SD