Thursday, January 04, 2007

The speakers in thier ride...

It's been WAY too long!



Not only since the Democrats have been in power, but too long for a woman speaker. She said, (and I'm roughly quoting here, could be off a word or two) "We've made history. Now it's time to make progress for the American people."

Amen, sister. Couldn't have said it better myself. With all due respect to Gerald Ford, our second long national nightmare is partially over. It outta all be taken care of in November 2008.

I was watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann about the swearing in of the new Congress. A truly momentous day in Washington. And then, within the first five minutes I flipped over to FauxNews to see what the 'big story' was on Billo's program. Guess what it was? An illegal immigrant in Wisconsin had molested a girl and was released on bond at court, or something. And about 15 minutes after that, I flipped back to Billo to see what he was sputtering about now. He was mentioning how the woman who accused the Duke Lacrosse players of rape last year had a baby today. Her third. With no husband in sight. (oh, and incidently, she's black)

WTF?!?!?!? The greatest shift in political power in 14 years, and O'Reilly talking about bail for a child molester and a baby born to an unwed mother. One wonders if Billo knows that if you ignore news you don't like doesn't mean it isn't happening.

POLT

"Let's go make then eat their own balls." "One of them IS a woman, Jack." "She can watch." - Jack Hawksmoor, Authority

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I posted the videos of her marching in the SF Pride parades some time back. Then months ago when rumbling of her taking the speakers seat started, I was very gung ho for it.

She's going to do great as speaker. You can tell because the damned neocons are trying to crucify her already.

Anonymous said...

It's a disgrace that O'Reilly gets so large an audience. I personally think a lot of it is just "gawkers", coming for the freak show element.

Go to MoveOn.org and help the Dems!

Anonymous said...

Hooray Madam Pelosi!
I was watching the Today show yesterday and I thought my hearing must be screwed up. Matt Lauer was talking to a congressional Republican. I didn't get his name I was to perplexed. He actually had the gall to say, "It is not right for the Democrats to make a list of what they are going to do in their first 100 hours without consulting us Republicans".
I don't know if it is common knowledge but the Republicans had many back room meetings and the Democrats weren't told what was going to be voted on until the last minute. All I can say is Paybacks Are Hell!!!

Ryan said...

i think this is a good move 4 americas recovery now if we could just get the dummy out of the white house we would b set!