Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Save your books and your pills...

Because I can be that obsessive from time to time, since 1999, I've kept a log of every book I've read, and how long it took me to read it. And movies since 2000. yeah, no life and a tiny obsessive streak can lead to such things.

At any rate, I'm giving you the rundown of the books I read this year, in the order in which I read them (although I'll spare you the dates I read them).

The Naked Truth: The Untold Story Of Sex In Canada (one I bought in Toronto the year before)


Royal Scandals


Mysterious Skin


Fat Man Fed Up


Prime Time Closet


Bending The Landscape


Light Before Day


the Poseidon Adventure


The Sluts


Inheritence


Out Of The Past: Gay & Lesbian History


Crisis On Infinite Earths


Brotherhood:Gay Life In College Fraternities


1776


Without You


Warren G. Harding


Miracle In Philadelphia


It's Superman!


The Story Of The Confederacy


X3: The Last Stand



A mixture of gay books, comic books and history. Yeah, that's pretty much my life.
******************************************
Instead of posting all the movies I saw, I'm just gonna post the ones I thought were the best. And also, these are ones that I saw for the first time, I'm not bothering with ones I saw before. And I'll post them in the order I saw them.

Angels In America


Gunner Palace


Kill Bill Volume 1


V For Vendetta


Good Night and Good Luck


Superman Returns


Clerks II


The Aviator


Transamerica


Walk the Line


And the biggest disappointments in movies I saw this past year again in the order in which i saw them: (Not that these were the worst movies, just those that didn't meet the expectations I had for them).

Kill Bill Volume 2


X3


Thumbsucker


The Forgotten


The Boys Choir


I'm not aware of anything that I'm really looking forward to this year, but I'm sure they'll be good and bad again.

POLT

I paid 290 pounds on a bashed-up old Mercedes. It was so cheap because it was so old. I like cars that you can leave anywhere. - Alex Kapanos of Franz Ferdinand

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting list. In my case, I keep a database of electronic parts that I have. Then when I put something together I can query it to see if I have to make a trip to Radio Shack, Dandreta, or one of the other electronics stores in the area.

Over the years I've read hundreds of books. Never had the thought to catalog them though. But a friend did introduce me to a method that I do like.

He was telling me that both he and his dad used to jot the dates they'd finished reading books inside the back cover. They did this because books are like old friends. It's so true so I've been doing that for a while.

Because occasionally, years down the road I may want to re-read the book. I can tell you one book that I'll never re-read is Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged". It was disgusting enough the first time around.

Doug said...

That's a really cool list, and a very interesting way to keep track of what you did. I also like TruthSpew's idea of writing the completion date in the back of each book. Might might do both.