Thursday, April 26, 2007

Do you know my karma is cut up into shreds...

My cold has left my head and throat entirely. They feel great. It now resides comfortably in my chest. I got a couple gallons of lungsnot inside there. Anybody want some, I'll cough some up for ya.

Anyway, went I got to work, I asked one of the nurses what I should be taking. She suggested Mucinex and ibuprophen.



The ibuprophen would help with the symptoms and the Mucinex she said would break the lungsnot up and help me get rid of it...which means coughing it up and either having to spit it out somewhere or swallow it.

.....Oh yeah, how attractive am I gonna be to Freddie all weekend with those options. Ah well, the bright side is, I not longer have a headache or a sore throat.

At lunch, I went to Wal-Mart buy said medications. I found the Mucinex very easily, it was in a display in the middle of the aisle. I took it to one of the self-checkout places. I rang it up and paid with my debit card. I was down to just a couple ones, so i requested $40 back. the machine spit it out. I scooped it up, took the receipt and off I went.

When I got to the car, I checked my wallet. I had a 20, and three tens. I should have only gotten a 20 and two tens. I didn't think I had a ten in my wallet, but I could have. I checked the receipt and it said only $40 on it. I think the machine gave me an extra ten, although I can't swear that it did. I thought of going back in and returning the ten (where exactly would one DO that at a Wal-mart? The Returns/Exchange desk?), but then I couldn't be certain it wasn't mine. I'd feel pretty stupid returning a ten dollar bill that was actually mine. But then I'd feel kinda guilty if I didn't return it and it wasn't mine.

Greed and fear of embarrassment got the better of me and I just put my wallet back and drove back to work.

All day now, I've been regretting it. I'm almost positive I did not have a ten beforehand. This is bad karma...even if it is only a ten dollar bill from Wal-Mart of all places. I keep waiting for the resulting bad karma to hit me. I did something bad, something bad will happen in return.

then on the way home, as I was thinking about it, it occured to me that this could be some good karma as a result of some previous good thing I did. Maybe when I helped that lady carry her bag of dog food out to the car? Or when i let the guy with just the carton of milk go ahead of me at the register? Who knows? I'm gonna try to focus on that aspect...at least until something bad happens and confirms it not to be the case.

*SIGH*....oh well, at least on the up side, I don't have to go back to work now until 8:00 am Tuesday morning! WHoo-HOO!!!

POLT Oil:66.65 (-.57); Gas: 2.79 (+.02)

I don't think there's any Russians, I don't think there's any Yanks. Just corporate criminals, playing with tanks. - The Call, The Walls Come Down

2 comments:

Ag said...

Are you not the same person that kept having issues scanning the newspaper at Walmart? Hmmm 1st newspapers now $10.00 bills! Hmmm
what is next? I can see it now your picture up at Walmart have you seen this man?

HMMM very interesting

BirdMadGirl said...

I'm pretty sure karma will only fuck you if you intentionally do something with ill intent to someone else. This $10 mishap wouldn't qualify... I don't think. You should be ok. =)

I've used Mucinex before and it seemed to work out pretty well. I hope you're feeling better in no time!
{hugs}