Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm betting it's only a matter of time...

This evening, Johnnie (previously of Testicular Tuesdays With Johnnie) called me and we spoke of numerous things.



One of the Democratic Presidential Debate last night. No, neither of us watched it. I said I wasn't interested because I'm supporting Edwards. Which caused Johnnie to groan. He's been an Obama supporter for months. Johnnie is living in Philadelphia, and he saw Obama speak in person and liked what he had to say. I've been telling Johnnie just as long that Obama is unelectable. There's no way this country is going to elect a black man to president at this point in time. Personally, I'm not opposed to Obama being president, but since I live out here in the country, with the rednecks, and not a progressive, open minded, cultured large city, i think I see how a larger portion of the country feels. And there is a LOT of people around here that will never vote for a black man. And I'm from a BLUE state. I'm not condoning that line of thought, not saying it's right, but I AM saying that's the way it is.

Well, Johnnie wanted to place a bet on the outcome. So this is the result, and I'm recording it here for all eternity so when the event occurs, we've got it recorded now. If Obama is elected President in November 2008, then I will wear a George W. Bush shirt to work for one whole day.

If however, Obama does not with the Democratic nomination, then Johnnie loses the bet and he has to do the following. I have here a t-shirt, a pink one, that reads "I (heart) Polt" [with a heart drawn on it and my real name instead of Polt]. I worked with a guy at Borders who wore it his whole entire last day at the store and then gave it to me afterwards. At any rate, if Obama does not get the Democratic nomination, then the next time Johnnie is back here, he must wear that t-shirt the entire evening he's with me, even while we go out to eat and while we walk around a local mall.

Either way, many many photos will be taken. Personally, I'm thinking what particular places I'd like to show Johnnie off at, perhaps the local gay bar too?

POLT

Money is like a big dick. It's nice if you have it, but the fact that you give me some is not going to make me love you. - Dan Renzi

4 comments:

J a d e said...

I used to be really into politics but lost interest over the years. My problem is that most politicians are the same inside and just differ on their empty promises. To me its more of who is the least bad for us.

Hope you have a good time with the guy you are visiting and have fun showing him off :P

And last but not least, I love that quote! Funny and true.

Anonymous said...

I'm voting for the duel Presidency known as the Clintons. Two for the price of one. One doing damage control with our long time friends overseas and one to tackle health care and get of out of Iraq. Ed

Anonymous said...

I think Johnnie's loss of the bet will only be funny if YOU are wearing a shirt that says "MY name is Plot" only use your real name. After all, being that your name is a boy/girl name, people might just assume that the name on the shirt is a girl.

Anonymous said...

OH COME ON, NOW!!! That's just far too easy for Johnny. We all know he loves you anyway and having been to how many gay pride events in DC??? That would be nothing compared you you having to wear a Bushwack shirt to work. You have to modify this bet so that Johnny wears a nice tight speedo (glittery pink) while you're out walking through the mall....and be sure lots of photos are taken. Yeah...that's the ticket.....

Of course....you didn't say that the Bushwack shirt had to be visible...or that you couldn't fold it into a diaper and wear it up in your butt crack or something like that....hehehe......

Right now I would support Edwards although the family situation with his wife concerns me alot. I'd also like to hear more from the guy from New Mexico. I just don't think the country is ready for Mrs. Bill or Osama Obama just yet....even on the same ticket.

Fairy Godfather.
(sorry Johnny....the worms here in Michigan are eating into my brain)