Friday, April 13, 2007

I hate the cheerleaders, and anyone's who's cool...

I have never liked Penn State. I went to Shippensburg University, a college in the state sponsered system. in other words, the 14 colleges of the state system depend on a lot of thier funding from Pennsylvania state government. It also allows the 14 colleges to be kept at a reasonable rate for Pennsylvania citizens. In fact, when I was attending there, when the tuition bill arrived, there was a notice included that said the taxpayers of Pennsylvania paid about $2,500 for every student attending the 14 state system schools. And that was when my tuition for the semester was like $900, so you see how much more affordable it was.

However, each year, Penn State officials would go to Harrisburg and whine to the politicians, "Oh we KNOW we're a private school, not supported by state funds BUT, our football team is so great, look at all the publicity, media coverage, and money we bring into the state of PA! Surely you could help us by giving us some money!" And damned, if the politicians wouldn't go and give them money each year! to a private school. And where did that money come from? Well, I'm not certain, but each semester I was ther my tuition increased. Still way below what I'd pay at a private school, but nonetheless, it wouldn't have had to go up as much as it did if the politicians wouldn't be giving state money to a PRIVATE college.

And that is the basis for my dislike of Penn State.

that having been said, if I had seen these photos, I might have no only wanted to attend Penn State, I might have tried out to be a cheerleader!



Would like to get my hands on THEIR pom-poms, I assure you.

POLT

Allowing Ronald Reagan to become president was by far my biggest failure in office. - Jimmy Carter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think they make sure all male cheerleaders are Gay. If they have a straight guy he would spend all his time looking at the girl over his heads panties. The gay guys only look over at each other. Once they see who made the panties they are not interested in anything else. Those guys do have nice pom-poms.