Monday, April 30, 2007

I've returned and they've been waiting...

Yes, I've returned. Had a fun time this weekend in Philadelphia (well, outside of Philly actually), with my Freddie. Took many photos, some of which I'll post here later. A recap of the weekend:

Saturday, left here at 11:11am. Drove there in pleasant temps, with my iPod plugged in and playing, with a bottle of water in the holder. Arrived at the hotel at a smidge after 2:00 pm. Made excellent time. No problems, except for when I hit the Philly exits on the turnpike. At that point in time a) I hit construction, that while not active, did narrow the lanes and condesence everything between those damn Jersey walls, b) had a 50% increase the amount of traffic, and c) have a bug splatter himself on my windshield, right on the exact spot where I look out of it. And of course, since I'm going 75 mph (anything less, and I'd get run over by the 18 wheeler behind me), when I tried to spray the windshield with fluid, it evaporated in a mist due to my speed and the wipers, my brandnew wipers, tookthe bug guts, with no fluid on the glass, and smugded them in a nice arc right through my line of vision. Yeah, fun times.

Freddie came by to pick me up and we met his friend Maria at TGIFridays, where she was eating with her cousin, Jenna and her girlfriend, Jen. Freddie and I ordered appetizers. Afterwards, he drove me around campus, I mean around the outside of the campus to show me stuff. It seemed there was a....festival, going on ON campus. A big deal in those parts. And parking was all screwy. So he took me around the perimeter first and then went onto campus and parked. We had gotten there a bit late, things were kinda closing up, not a lot of people there.

they had animals there, horses, bunnies, cows, pigs, sheep, see-eye dogs. They had student made funnel cakes, and milkshakes. They had a stage with various entertainers playing on it. They had inflatable game things, and a wall climb, and stuff like that. Inside the classroom buildings they had things for kids. It was like a state fair or county fair...but smaller.

Anyhow, we met up with Maria and the lesbians, and after hanging out a bit, we went back to the hotel. We stopped at a Wawa. It was my first Wawa experience, and was quite a bit like Rutters or Sheetz but with perhaps a bit more available. I was kinda impressed a bit.

We got the food back to the hotel, ate it and...well, let's just say we didn't leave the room until the next morning. I'm sure you can all fill in the blanks.

Sunday morning, we got up and had breakfast, again from Wawa. Then we went back to the campus and hung out there again. We watched the Piggy races (which also included races by lil goats, ducks and pot bellied pigs). We met Freddie's other friends, including Sara and Megan, and Megan's man Matt. I got a package of the Best Damn Kettlecorn...and it IS pretty good. Listened to the jazz band, and the band in which Sara plays clarinet. Got a milkshake (delicious) never did get that funnelcake, but the line was too long. Got to pet a few Jack Russell Terriers (LOVE them!). We took a self guided tour of the campus, seeing where Freddie lives (very small dorm room). Waited outside while Freddie went in to get his stuff right before we left and thusly I did not walk in on his roommate masturbating *snicker, snicker*. We both got pretty badly sunburned on our faces, necks and arms. Stupidly, niether of us thought of sunscreen. (Did NOT get to see any wet, towel-only garbed football players.....which is probably a good thing). Did get to see many MANY hot and sexy guys on campus. Got photos of several of them. And went back to the hotel room with the hottest and sexiest guy there.

We got back to the hotel sometime in the afternoon, 5:00 maybe? We ordered a pizza and had it delivered. Did not leave the hotel room again until 9:30 this morning. Again, let your minds run wild.

WE got up showered (seperately, this time), packed up, did our hugs and kisses goodbye and went our seperate ways. I had breakfast at McDonalds and then drove approximately one hour to my friend Amie's house. This was the first time i had been there. I hung out with her and Evie, her aDORable 4 month old (or so) daughter. We talked for a bit, then had lunch at Applebees. We returned to her house, talked some more, Eve had lunch, and then i left to come home. It was great to talk to Amie again, we just don't do that like we used to. Course, since she's married with a kid and living two hours away, that kinda cuts into the 'us' time, although I'm not complaining. At least she has her priorities straight. Upon getting home, I was tired, so I took a shower and crashed on the sofa to watch TV for a bit before I did this.

As I mentioned, I'll post the photos soon (I haven't even taken the card out of my camera yet), but I've got a few quotes from the weekend that might help illustrate the fun we had:

"There's a Navy base up ahead." "Ooooo, can we go find some seamen?" "No, I'll have plenty of semen for you later." - Freddie.
C'mon, we'll go clubbing! I'll rock your body! - Freddie
"And I can show you where the STD clinic is." "I BET you can." - Polt
Yeah, but what if I do....this....... - Freddie
No, I don't want a hickey number two. - Polt
Don't pull that hair out! Don't pull that hair out! Don't pull - Goddammit! - Polt
Ew, I think I touched your uvula! -Polt

Photos posted soon.

POLT

There's a petri dish inside your shoe. - Kyan, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy

2 comments:

Truthspew said...

Interesting, blogger has labels now.

Anyhow - sounds like you had fun. I've never in my life had a funnelcake. Keyron tells me about them all the time but I'm a northeast boy... dough boys it is!

BirdMadGirl said...

It sounds like you had a great time :) I can't wait to see the pics!!