Sunday, April 15, 2007

You pay your taxes, you pay the rent, till you haven't got a cent...

Well, guess who just got finished with his taxes? Uncle Polt, that's right. Nothing like getting a headstart on something, eh? I mean, I had until Tuesday, for God's sake, to get them done. That's TWO whole days! Wow it feels good, the early worm and all that.

Uncle Polt, thy middle name is Procrastination.

I remember thinking when I got the W-2's the end of January, I thought I outta just jump on them and get it out of the way. Then, in February I thought I'd probably just do them in March sometime, and when March rolled around, I told myself I better get them done before April in case I'm missing a form or what have you.

And I did them this afternoon. I really don't know why I waited so long. The whole process took me like 45 minutes, if that long. I filed the PA taxes over the phone, and they came out exactly even, just like they do every year. I did the Fed, and it appears I'm gonna get about $1000 back, which i more than i think I've ever gotten. Local taxes, though, I had to pay, as usual, a bit over $300. So my net gain is $700 or so. Course, right now I'm down $300 bucks local, and since I filed so late, I probably won't get the refund until June...but it'll be a pleasant summer bonus, eh?

POLT

Reverend, if two people love each other, I don't think God cares if they each have the same hoo hoo or ha ha. - Marge, The Simpsons

No comments: