Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Friends calling giving their advice...

Freddie was down over the weekend, and over the past two days, I haven't been feeling very well. Am feeling a bit better now, thank you very much, but that explains why I haven't been posting much recently.

Anyway, Johnnie called me recently. He said that he's met this Indian chick recently, and they've been out on a few dates and everything seems to be going well. She's not thrown up and red flags, ya know, like been an alcoholic, or psycho, or a confused lesbian, or talking of marriage on the first date, or been a Republican, or explained her theory behind 9-11 or been phobic about wine, or what have you (Guess, if you wish, how many of these have been actual dates of Johnnie's recently and how many I made up). But since they're jsut still getting to know each other and dating and such, there's obviously been no sex yet.

It's been several months since Johnnie did the horizontal bop with anybody other than his right hand, and Johnnie, my boy, is horny. So, when Johnnie was an undergrad, he was living with and in a relationship with this chick we'll cell Karen. Auntie Ag and I met her a few times, and were seriosuly underimpressed. Not that she was a bad girl, just that she wasn't right for our Johnnie. She was kinda air-headed, and simplistic, and not terribly socialable to us. But at any rate, when Johnnie left to go to grad school at the opposite end of the state, they broke it off. Remaining amicable, I believe, but not lovers anymore. So, it appears that Miss Karen is coming down this weekend to see Johnnie (ie, to get drunk with him in the Philly bars and to enable them both to get a little sumthin-sumthin).

Thus is Johnnie's conumdrum: he likes the Indian chick, and even though there's not exclusivity or commitment between them, there may be in the future. But right now, there's not sex, and Johnnie's horny, and there WILL be sex and no commitment from Karen. So he wants to know what to tell the Indian chick about this weekend. And he says to me, "That's why I need your advice, Polt, I'm no good at lying, and I know you are."

Boy sure knows how to flatter a guy, doesn't he? And yet, I took no offense, to the contrary, I was kinda flattered. So I told him the way I see it he has two options: 1) tell the Indian chick he's going out of town for the weekend, or 2) tell the Indian chick a friend of his is coming in form out of town, and they'll be hangning out together.

#2 is not really a lie, just not the whole truth. But I advised he go with #1. I think it would be bad for her to ask about "his friend" and maybe want to meet "him". And if he says he's going out of town, but then runs into the Indian chick somewhere over the weekend, he can just say plans changed and the person he was going to meet came here instead.

he seems worried about them running into each other, but I mean, come ON, this is Philadelphia we're talking about here! Certainly, he should be able to take Karen to places the Indian chick won't go.

I have a bad feeling about this whole thing, for some reason. i don't know if anything'll happen, but I'll be sure to mention it here if it does. (does this not sound like an episode from a TV sitcom?)

POLT Oil: 64.38 (-.21); Gas: 2.69 (-)

Who needs friends that won't fuck friends? - Gwen, Eating Out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Indian chick you say? (deep murmurs going on here...) I had the pleasure of training and working with quite a few Indian (and Pakistani) chicks while still working out East. I must say that most of them were quite brilliant and driven in much the same way I found Asian women (and men) to be.

But...what always comes to mind about the Indian women is the fact that each and every one of them had quite an abundant amount of facial and other body hair. Yes...yes....the sideburns and mustaches of these women were enviously much thicker than my own and even the arm hair was much thicker. And I'm not exactly a hairless wonder as you well know. So....has our little Johnny become a little peckish for some hairy lip? or a bit of forest in the underarm perhaps?

It is simply amazing how one's taste changes as we age......

Fairy Godfather.