Wednesday, July 29, 2009

All of my plans, all of my dreams...

Last night sucked. It was in the 70's and so humid it felt like I was in a sauna. And not in a good way, like if the sauna was empty, or just occupied by old, fat, hairy Mafia type guys, that kinda sauna.

At any rate, I could not sleep. I don't have any ac in the bedroom, but I really don't usually need it. I have a fan at the bottom right of the bed, and that normally handles any heat, but it can't touch the humidity.

So after waking up a few times in puddles of my own persperation, about 3:15 am, I got up, used the bathroom, then went out to the living room and drug the fan I have out there into the bedroom. I set it at the bottom left hand side and, thusly being caught in a nice cross wind, got quite comfortable and fell asleep. Course, I had wasted half the night by then. *SIGH*

Tonight should be better, as it's not as hot, and not as humid, and there's a small thuderstorm taking place outside cooling things off even more.

Tomorrow, I have the home inspection. It'll be me, the inspector, my realtor, my mom, and A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking. Yeah, he needs outta the house, so he's coming over to see my new almost-house, and then we're going to eat afterwards. Mom's made a list up of stuff and she's gonna do her own thing while I follow the inspector around. She's gonna check all the appliances and make sure they work, open the outside doors that lead to the basement, from BOTH sides, check out some things in the bathroom, I forget what all she told me. It makes me laugh, you'd think SHE were buying the house. But I don't mind, cause she's checking out things that probably SHOULD be checked out, and that I wouldn't on my own.

Saturday night, I'm supposed to go to Corey's mother's house to hang out with him, his girlfriend, another gay friend of his, and a case of beer. And Sunday early afternoon, T is supposed to be stopping by for more photos and possibly a video. And that's more than likely to be the highlight of my weekend. Even if it is really humid again then, will I care? Or even notice? I think not.

POLT Listening to "Warning" by Green Day

"Well, you waltz nice, I'll give you that." "Kind of a shame you punctured my leg." - Catman, Birds Of Prey #107

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes well and there are no unexpected surprises!

Anonymous said...

I'm very intrigued about "T".

Good thing your mom knows what to check out btw.