Saturday, July 11, 2009

Can learn from the bees and the birds...

True Story.



I got a call tonight from A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking. He wanted to tell me a story that would possibly make my entire day. It went something like this:

He was down playing some video game when 4 year old Abby came trotting up and said, "Daddy, how do you get babies in your belly?" Being the conscientious father that he is, he said to her, "Let me go ask your mother."

Upon explaining the situation, his wife said to tell her when she gets older and gets married, she'll get a baby in her belly. He went back to tell her, was flustered and made an improvised addition, telling her that when she gets older, she'll meet a nice boy, get married and get a baby in her belly. So she asks where she'll find a nice boy. He mentions something about when she gets older she'll find them or something equally mundane. But then Abby had a flash of inspiration! She says,

"Daddy, I'll find Polt! He's a nice boy!"

Somehow, he managed not to stroke out or pop a blood vessel, and simply told her that that idea was so wrong on so many levels. Then Abby was just content to say she'd find a nice boy who buys her lots of princesses and doesn't give her boo-boos. And then she skipped off.

He told me that I was on a very short list of nice boys apparently. I told him that would make me his step-son. He told me just then threw up in his mouth a little bit.

But c'mon seriously, even in 15-20 years, Abby could do a LOT worse than a mid to late 50's Uncle Polt, right?

POLT Listening to "Kickin'" by Whale

What do you say to the guy you love when you aren't supposed to love guys? - Kevin Doyle, The Year Of Ice

3 comments:

Michelle M. said...

She should be so lucky.

john said...

Oy, that was me, I forgot to put my name in....

Anonymous said...

Kids are so precious. I wish I could be a kid again.

Onanite