Friday, July 17, 2009

He accepted with a smile and we drove for a while...

Tonight after work, A Local Celebrity, Mr. David ParisPeking and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie, and then Wal-Mart for diapers (for his kids, neither of us had any need for diapers ourselves), and then to get something to eat.

The movie was m'eh. It was okay. Very slow and tedious in parts, funny in others. It was a filler film, between the last one and the next one, and seemed as such. It was okay, that's about it.

But of much bigger news, as we waited in the lobby before going in, I got a message on my phone. The realtor called and had said the owner of the home had a counter offer, and when I heard it, I jumped at it. I called the realtor back and left her a message saying I'd take it, and I'd call her tomorrow!

So, it's not a done deal yet, but it looks like I might own a house!

Now, for the numbers: She wanted 109,900. I was going to offer 104,900 (knocking $5000 off the price) and asking for help in closing costs. But before making the offer, I decided I wanted a little more bargaining room, so I offered 102,900 and her paying $3000 of the closing costs. Her counteroffer was 105,000 and her paying $3000 of the closing costs. So in essense, she counteroffered me $100 more than what I was originally willing to pay! How could I NOT jump at that????

So now I have to talk to the realtor about the home inspection and the termite inspection, and to the finanace lady about the exact amount of the loan, and points, and monthly payments, and talk to the insurance guy about home owner's insurance and so on and so on an so forth.

But it looks like, if all goes well, I still might be in the house by September 1st. And to think, just two months ago, I wasn't even seriously considering buying a home. Crazy...

POLT Listening to "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Tori Amos

Hell, if you can't fuck your friends, whom can you fuck? - Joel Perry

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Hopefully all will proceed on the house.

Good luck! You're gonna need it.

Virginia Rose Kane said...

I know where you can get some boxes...

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW that is cool! Now all you have to hope is the inspections all go well. I am wishing you all the best.

Cheers,
Onanite

Amie said...

I remember when you told me that you always wanted to rent because owning a house was too much for you. My little boy is growing up.

john said...

YAAY! I hope this all works out for you Polt!

hoteltuesday said...

Hurray! Congratulations.
And I loved HP btw!

Anonymous said...

I knew this one sounded like it would work out. I'm super excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of the new place.

stratcat45 said...

So glad to hear it!! Make sure you *do* get the inspection though, we didn't as we got to crunched for time, and wish we would have. We still would of bought it, but we would of had some bargaining power or at least some expensive fixes FIXED!!