Thursday, July 16, 2009

All through those moves, i'm offering satisfaction, darling...

So, this afternoon, I put an offer on the house. The realtor's gonna fax is to them tonight. We gave them until Monday to either say yes, no, or give a counteroffer. And this time, since it's owned by a person and not a bank, we even included some help for closing costs into it. The amount and the closing costs thingee leaves negotiating room for both of us, which I didn't have before, since it was bank owned.

The realtor still put the settlement date as August 30, 2009. It's so freaky to me to think I could be in my own house by September 1st, but it would fitting. I moved into my apartment on September 1, 1997, and if I left on that same date, it would be fitting bookends to the 12 years that I lived here.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. I still have to hear back from the owner. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

POLT Listening to "I'm Coming Out" by Diana Ross

Don't be afraid to ask your partner for forgiveness. Get down on one knee if necessary. They'll either be moved or amused.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hoping it works out this time!

Virginia Rose Kane said...

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.