Thursday, July 16, 2009

Undress me will I look like a fool (Part 170)...

Once more, it's time for....


Well, kids, if you're not a regular reader of the Palace you may not know this, but Uncle Polt is house hunting. I in fact made an offer on a house last week, but the bank took a different offer. I went to see more houses Tuesday, and tonight, after work, I'll be making an offer on one of those I really like.

While it's fun and exciting, worrying about financing, about finding a home, about dealing again with financing, making an offer, losing it, seeing more houses, deciding to make an offer, with all this going on and on, it's making me a smidge stressed.

For years, since I was a kid, I chewed my fingernails. Just been a habit I have that I absent-mindedly do when I'm bored. But lately, with the added stress I've been feeling, not only do I have some poopy issues, and some rumbley-tummy issues, but I've been chewing my fingernails incessently. Chewing them to the point where I don't have any real nails left to chew, and thusly, I've taken to unconsciously moving on to the skin around my nails. Not very pleasant that is, I assure you. There's some pain and some blood involved.

Well, I didn't really want to keep open sores like I've put onto my fingers out in the open at work, so I bandaged them up.


Yeah, those two fingers are kinda tore up a bit. I chew on them at work, however, having them not available meant I moved on to the other fingers not band-aided.

If I don't get this house thing taken care of soon, I mind end up self-amputating my fingers...one knuckle at a time, one finger at a time.

To see what other people put up this week, click HERE.

POLT Listening to "Sunday, Bloody Sunday" by U2

Capturing the villain rule #14: Never EVER trust the villain! - Harley Quinn #27

6 comments:

Dana said...

You know Polt, I stop by here every week, but seldom leave a comment as I am often speechless (in a good way *wink*)

It's happened again this week, but I just wanted to wish you the best in your house hunt!

Anonymous said...

Be careful. The Boy just got over an infection from biting his nails. Some sort of hang nail thing got or something.

Ray Avito said...

Occasionally when I go out, I like to wear a band-aid wrapped around one of my fingers like that as decoration. *ping*

That chewing thing can be hard to break. Mine switched from fingernails to that skin inside my mouth. I have to second TUG, careful for infections!

Anonymous said...

Oh Polt, I am sorry for all your stress. Try to relax. You will find a house and you need your fingers to move buddy. :)

Onanite

john said...

I think it may be time to prophylacticly bandage the other 8 fingers.

that's J-O-S-H said...

I bite my nailz too. I used too ALL the time in escuela until someone made fun of me and started calling my "Chomp Chomp"...leave it to childhood torment to cure any bad habitz!

Verification Word: Ancepely, which soundz like a lotion you'd put on someone's fingers to soothe the effects of...er...excessive chewage.