Sunday, July 05, 2009

I drive my mini-cooper and I'm feeling super-dooper (part 159)...

Superman Sundays

A copy, one would assume, of Tom Welling from the first episode of Smallville.


God, I have GOT to myself to a comicon soon, where I can see things like this live and in person!

POLT Listening to "Breathe" by Blu Cantrell

Long before President Bush's call for a "constitutional amendment protecting marriage", Rep. Seaborn Roddenberry of Georgia proposed an amendment that he said would uphold the sanctity of marriage. Roddenberry's proposed amendment, in December 1912, stated, "Intermarriage between Negroes or persons of color and Caucasians...is forever prohibited." He took this action, he said, because some states were permitting marriages that were "abhorrent and repugnant" and he aimed to "exterminate now this debasing, ultra-demoralizing, un-American and inhuman leprosy." - Nicholas D. Kristof, March 2004

2 comments:

Jere Keys said...

I've been to a couple comic book conventions and guys who look like this are definitely the exception. Still, I suppose 1 in a thousand is worth it.

Ray Avito said...

That is a great footnote at the bottom. Inhuman leprosy?! He was not one for mincing words, huh?

I can't tell if the superman is real or a mannequin. And if it is a mannequin, I have a new fetish.