Friday, July 31, 2009

We were at the beach, everybody had matching towels...

Something I realized not too long ago: Unconsciously on my part, I match my shirt color to my underwear color. Seriously. When I wear a blue shirt, I put on blue undies, grey shirt, grey undies, white shirt, white undies. I even have a pair of purple underwear I wear with my purple shirt.

Two problems with this though, I have an orange polo shirt, but I’ve no orange undies. The closest I have is the flaming Superman boxers shown HERE. The other problem, which isn’t really a problem actually, is that this only applies to dressing for work. After work, going anywhere, I just grab a comfortable t-shirt and any pair of undies and off we go.

Upon thinking about the matching though, I realized something else. My socks HAV E to match my shoes. If I put on my black work shoes, I have to have block socks. Brown work shoes, gotta have the brown socks. Sneakers required white socks. I’ve seen people with black socks and sneakers, and I guess some of them can pull off that look, but not me. Gotta have the white socks. And it doesn’t matter what color the sneaker: white, blue or black, the socks have to be white.

Also, generally, my shoes must match my pants. SO if I’m wearing black pants, it’s black shoes; if I’m wearing brown or khaki, it’s brown shoes, and if I’m wearing jeans, then it’s sneakers. And of course, if it’s for work, the belt must match the color of the pants, unless it’s jeans, and then any color will do.

And what’s weirdest about this for me is that until recently, I was never really conscious of this. But once it came to my attention, I now see how much I do this kinda stuff. Just another way that I’d weird, I suppose.

POLT Listening to "Why Does It Always Rain On Me?" by Travis

"You stabbed me in the head with a spear." "True. But face it, big boy, your head is not a vital organ." - Psimon, Outsiders #13

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to do that with my underwear, but not as much anymore. But I'm totally with you on the shoe, sock, pants thing. I think that is just good fashion sense.

hoteltuesday said...

The other day, I was wearing grey shorts and a grey t-shirt.
I took off my shorts cause my house was SO HOT. Then I realized I was wearing grey boxer-briefs so I still matched!

Ray Avito said...

Nobody can pull off the black socks/sneakers look unless they REALLY don't give a s**t, and if that's the case then I say "Do you, Boo!" or something slangy like that.