Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Cooking MC's like a pound of bacon...

Last night, I was so sleepy, I turned off the light at 900 pm. Now I was awoken at about 930, 1000, and 1100 with phone calls, but I went right back to sleep with no problems. And what time do you think I got up today? Try 1030 am. yeppers, I slept (more or less) uninterupted for 13 and a half hours! WHo knew i was that tired?

Personally, I blame Mama Polt. Why is that? Cause her Christmas meal was SO damn good, I couldn't help but eat too much of it...and then HAD to have a turkey sandwich for supper that night. I had a full tummy and lethal levels of triptaline (or whatever that sleepy stuff is in turkey) I don't think there was anyway I could avoid going to sleep early and for a long time.

Anyways, I got some various and sundry photos I want to show you all now.

This is the spread Mama Polt put on for Christmas: turkey, mashed potatos, sweet potatos, stuffing and gravy, corn, sauer kraut, limas, rolls, and then for dessert she had fruit salad, homemade apple pie, ice cream, etc, etc, etc. Yeah, see how I HAD to eat too much?

Mama Polt also LOVES to make Christmas treats. She makes so much of it, she gives batches of it away. What you see in this photo is the three batches I took to work last Tuesday. Inside are sugar cookies, chocolate chip cookies, and several other kinds; fudge of the peanut butter, chocolate and vanilla varieties; and peanut brittle in the bags. Despite three different batches, it was all gone by the time I got to work Wednesday morning (in fact, it was mostly gone when i left work Tuesday). My co-workers jsut gobble it up. Course, it IS really good. I always tell her when she retires, she outta start Mama Polt's Homemade Cooking, and charge for the sweets. I guarantee she'd never be at a loss for buyers!

This is Johnnie on Sunday night, in the fetal position and hiding his face because his 49er's lost and were eliminated from playoff contention. I'll not rag on him about it now, cause last night, my Cowboys played like a JV team....a bad JV team....at a school for the blind. I mean it was horrible. And frankly, if they're only gonna play this good, they don't deserve to win the division. Now, I have to hope they'll beat Detroit (not a forgone conclusion with the way they've been playing) and that Atlanta beats Philly so Dallas can get a home game. At least, they've already made the playoffs, so they're not fighting for a spot there. BUt it's bad. And sad.

And next year, I want my Christmas tree delivered this way, by this guy!


POLT

"We would appreciate it if you would check out." "When?" "Yesterday." "....that soon?" - Howard Bannister, What's Up Doc?

No comments: