Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Just like everyone, he's got a ford...

So, President Ford died yesterday.


1913-2006

At the age of 93, 165 days, beating out Reagan by about a month and a half. I'm old enough to remember Ford in office, but just barely. And my first, and only, memory of him is not a pleasant one. The Bionic Woman was on TV Wedensdays at 9:00, and they were going to show the second part of a two-parter this particular Wednesday. Except they didn't cause President Ford preempted it for a speech from the Oval Office. Oh, was I PISSED! i remember stomping around the house all pissed off cuase he was talking when they should have been showing the Bionic Woman instead! How dare he! I remember screaming at the TV screen for him to hurry up! I remember about 945, realizing there wasn't time left to show the Bionic Woman, and crying cause I'd have to wait until next week. I was 7 or 8 years old.

Maybe that one episdoe is what started myt dislike of Republicans and made me a Democrat!

POLT

Ahhh cheese, is there anything you can't do? You cheer me up when I'm sad, you fill my belly when it's gurgly, and when I'm full I can roll you up into a ball and play with you. - Satchel, Get Fuzzy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It made you a life long Democrat. (hehehehe) good!

Onanite