Thursday, December 07, 2006

In a big semi, caught from that big mcdonalds...

This morning I was running late for work (yeah, I know how hard that is to imagine), so I skipped breakfast here at the house and decided to go to Mickey D's for a breakfast meal. When i pulled in, the drive thru was backed up. Allow me to explain.

If a car is at the second window where one picks up the food, then there is a car behind it, and then a car at the first window paying thier money. Behind this car is another car that's ordered, but not paid, and then the intercom where you place the order. When i pulled in, all of these spots were filled and there were four cars beyond the one at the intercom.

Natrually, i thought this was crazy. So i parked my car and went inside. When i got inside, what did I see? no one, not a single customer at the registers. I went over, placed my order, paid my money, got my soda, came back picked up my order and left. When I left the building, the guy that had been behind the car paying his money was jsut now up to the second window to get his food. And now there were a total of six cars backed up beyond the intercom where you order.

And still not a single individual inside at the registers.

now I'm lazy, so i know lazy, but I don't know what kind of lazy bastard isn't gonna park his car and take his fat ass inside to get food and instead just wait in a line of cars! man, that's freakin nuts! that takes lazy to a whole new level. And apparently, there's more than ONE person willing to do that because the line had 11 cars in it total!

I probably had my breakfast finished on the way to work before the last guy there got his food.

POLT

Revenge is perfect when, number one, the swine you punish knows that it is you who are responsible for his destruction, and number two, you destroy him with impunity. - Edgar Allen Poe, the Cask Of Amontillado

7 comments:

exile said...

so you like to have your meat inside, instead of taking it in the drive through

typical polt...

Anonymous said...

This story made me laugh out loud. :) That is all.

JP said...

there are things the people do that drive me nutsola too.
I know this is going to sound minor...but people who get into crowded elevators to go up (or down) ONE FLOOR drive me up the F*CKING WALL!!!!
lazy man, lazy.

Anonymous said...

Guilty as charged! I never, I mean never go inside at a fast food place. Usually I am wearing old clothes and my shoes are...Oh shit, who am I kidding. I sit in that car hot or cold and can't be pried out with a crowbar. Then I get home and complain that my order is wrong again. Why don't I just go inside? I have 206 bones in my body and every last one of them has TB. Tired Butt! Hahaha you caught me man, what can I say?

Craig said...

I always go inside (tee hee)

But not because I'm not lazy. Only because I hate talking into those boxes.

Doug said...

Mmmm...I love Egg McMuffins with Sausage and Cheese. I haven't had one in years and years. And years.

I've done what you done. I've seen the line and decided to park and walk in.

And I don't understand why others decide to stay in line. Even after ed's explanation, I don't understand.

Anonymous said...

yup, yup!

That works the majority of the time.

However, once when I went inside I couldn't get anyone to come to a register to take my order. They were all "busy" handling the drive thru (which, by the way, takes priority over actual walk-in customers within the guidelines of most "fast-food" chains). When I finally was able to interupt an employee, who was having a conversation and who was not facing the registers, to take my order and my money it must have taken 5 minutes for them to give me my food. (How dare I interupt her conversation with my hunger!)

Apathy was apparent even though these people make more than twice what I was paid when I worked in "fast-food", which was much faster back in the day than it is these days.

Hopefully, that was just the exception because most of the time it works going inside to get in and out faster.

Me thinks that raising the minimum wage will not cause this apathy to abate. Wouldn't it be a novel idea if people were actually evaluated and paid for how good a job they do, along with how much effort they put forth??

I know that I'm in a minority with this kind of 'blasphemous' idea since those poor souls that work in "fast-food" feel that they are completely entitled to their hourly paid for simply showing up for work. God forbid they should have to show any interest or put forth effort to actually "serve" the customers.

Fairy Godfather (former McDonalds employee circa 1977-79)