Monday, December 18, 2006

Music makes the people come together...

I've discovered on my iTunes, there's this 'radio' option. When it's chosen, it gives you a list of genre, and then each genre has a rather long list of online streaming music stations. And it's free (to my knowledge. If not, I'm racking up a pretty huge debt of money!). I've been on this Electronica station that plays tons of songs I like, some I've heard, most I haven't. And it's commerical free, for the most part. And no stupid DJ's talking instead of playing songs! I LOVE it! because of this, I've only reloaded about 6 CD's to my iTunes...I don't need my iPod with this...although I do want to use it elsewhere, so i need to get back to doing that, but for now, I'm happy with this.

Also, there a radio station at 92.1 on the dial around here. It used to be a fairly good station, so I programmed it into one of my car's buttons. Then, it's format changed to Top40, which meant I didn't listen to much of the music on it. Although, I kept it programmed in so that if nothing else was on the regular stations I listen to, I could go there, and maybe there's be something on.

Well, a few months back they changed formats again, this time to Classic Country. I never got around to changing it in my car, but I pretty much just ignored the button. Until, by accident a few weeks ago, I pushed the button. And they were playing a Patsy Cline song. I think she has an incredible voice, so I kept it there and listened. And sang along. And then after her, came Johnny Cash and the Ring of Fire. And after him was...well i don't remember who, but as I was pulling my car into my space, I was singing with Jeannie C. Reilly to "Harper Valley PTA."

I don't really like country music...at least not the stuff they call country music now. But in the 70's, when i was growing up, that's all I heard around the house, cause that's all mom and dad listened to. So I know all those old country songs. And really, i don't mind the music of Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynn, Johnny Cash, and the like. So now I check out the station and enjoy some older Country Classic.

Although, it bothers me that I know ALL the lyrics to these songs I haven't heard in 30 years, but I couldn't tell you what I had for supper last night. Guess that's the price of getting old.

POLT

It's no wonder we know how to dress; we've spent centuries in the closets. - Isaac Mizrahi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too grew up in a Country Music house. Every Saturday night I went to sleep listening to the Grand Ole Opry. I liked the comedians best. Stringbean and Minnie Pearl were my favorites. I do still remember Patsy Cline songs and Eddy Arnold and Hank Williams. The old songs were the best.