Friday, December 29, 2006

Say something nice to the people Edward...

So, yesterday John Edwards announced he's running for the Democratic nomination for president in 2008.



Right now, 22 months before the election, he's got my support. But it's not deep support. I'm still open to being swayed to another candidate as I hear what they have to say.

I like Hillary, and I think she'd make a good president, BUT, frankly, I don't think she's electable. So many people just do not like her, on a deep viseral level. i don't understand the dislike of her, personally. I mean, God knows I think Bushie is one of the worst president's we've ever had, but I don't hate the man personally. I think he'd do much better running baseball teams into bankruptcy or what have you, but I don't think he's a bad person. not so for many people on HIllary.

I liek Obama as well, and he is extremely charismatic, but i just haven't heard enough from him to be able to support him. Yet. And frankly, I don't believe this country will elect a black man, at not at this point in time.

Edwards has name recognition, is charistmatic enough, and I loved his theme in 2004: the Two Americas, how the Haves keep getting more at the expense of the Have-Nots and the Have-Not's keep getting the shaft. It's about time we have someone talking about the plight of and working for the regular people, the middle class, and not the super wealthy. And I think Edwards is very electable. Certainly moreso the Kucinitch and Vilsack, the only other confirmed candidates. (course, bear in mind, I was a Dean man in 2004, a Bradley man in 2000, and a Cuomo man in 1992, so my track record isn't the best.)

Although, as i said, with 22 months yet to go, any presidential picks now are meaningless. I mean in Decmeber of 1990, who had even HEARD of bill Clinton outside of Arkansas, and 22 months later, he was president?

But right now, he's got my support.

POLT

He was so hot, steam was cool! - Hercules

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't underestimate Hillary Clinton. No one thought she would win her Senate seat by a landslide, but she did it ...twice. She is smarter than hell and savy; she knows how to change peoples minds because she does her homework. I'm not saying she will win if she's nominated, simply that she will definetly be a contender.