Saturday, December 02, 2006

That this new bond gives inspiration...

Last Saturday was, as I may have mentioned, my birthday. Ghostie and Mr. David Parispeking made plans with me to go eat and then to see the new James Bond movie.









We ate a restaurant near the theater called Oliver's. I've been there before, and the food's been hit or miss, but the atmosphere is very laid back and easy to hang out in. And plus, our waiter, Chris, was quite the cutie. We had a fun time, hanging out, and making fun of each other. Mr. david parispeking picked up my meal for my birthday, how sweet, and uncharacteristic, of him was that?

I wanted us all to do a shot, and I told Chris this and that I wanted us to do a purple shot. he just kinda looked at me. i told him I didn't care what was in it, or what it was called, we just wanted something purple. he said he'd have to talk to the bartender.

he returned then in a bit with three shots. And they were purple-ish, he said that's probably the best the bartender could do. It was called something-something-raspberry-something. Like I cared. it was purple. I made a toast to my co-worker who's viewing I had gone to earlier that day, he was a helluva a guy. And Mr. David Parispeking made a toast to me almost reaching my fourth decade...how sweet of him. And then we drank them. And i gotta tell ya, it was niiiice. Couldn't taste the alcohol. Man, those are dangerous shots, cause those are the kind you could have several of, not realizing how much you're having and then stand up, have them all hit you at once, and end up on your ass.



Anywho, afterwards, we went to the theater. I wasn't really keen on a blonde haired blue eyed James Bond. but I gotta tell ya, themovie worked for me. Firstly, Daniel Craig is fucking HOTT! I mean buff and built and ripped and...sweet Mary I do him in a heartbeat. And you knwo I don't normally go for guys my own age, but him, I'd DEFINATELY make an exception.

Since he was easy on the eyes, it was much easier to take him as Jams Bond. I always found it a bit ludicris that those Bond girls were always falling over James Bond when most of the actors were way beyond thier best years and not anywhere near attractive. but Daniel Craig, yeah I could see every Bond girl, hell ANY girl falling for him.

the movie was...grittier and more realistic than other Bond films, especially the Roger Moore campy ones. No silly named vixens, or over the top villians and no outrageous silly gadgetry. And there not a "witty" quip dripping from Bond's lips every few seconds.

I really did enjoy the movie, more than most Bond films. of course, Goldfinger is still THE best bond movie. but seriously, this one is comes pretty close.



POLT = listening to www.whereveradio.com steaming music my way!

You just gonna stand there while some poof waves his tackle at your woman? - Gary, the Full Monty

No comments: