Wednesday, December 20, 2006

With the wad he’s got, this he hit the jackpot..

At work, every football season, we have a Winner's Betting Pool. Everyone playing puts in 10 bucks, and each week you pick a team you expect to win. If they do, you move onto the next week, if not, you're out. And you can't pick the same team twice. Well, this year, I, and I lot of others, got kicked out relatively early. So, 8 weeks ago, we started a second one, only this one was a Loser's Pool, each team you picked had to lose.

40 of us started, and last week, there were only 4 left. This week, another one got kicked out, leaving just three of us. We all three were asked if we wanted to split it three ways or keep going. Frankly, I wanted $400 dollars, but thought, with my luck, if I'm greedy and try to keep going, next week my team will lose. So I went with the other two and we split it. I guess $133 is better than none, anyday.

It was nice to finally win, and that $133 will certainly come in handy, but in the end, with all the Pool's I entered and lost, I'm probably just breaking even with this. Oh well, I'll just be happy with my good fortune, not look a gift horse in the mouth and move on.

POLT

When you're buying the matching black velour jumpsuit...stop. Put it back on the rack. - Carson, Queer Eye For The Straight Guy

No comments: