Friday, December 01, 2006

The weekends why, until we, dance into the fire...

I know I've been bitching a lot recently, about my computer and the virus that killed it and everything I lost. And that IS a big thing in my life. However, not everything over the last week has been negative. And I thought I'd share some positive things with you.

Last Friday, before I knew the virus had hit, Johnnie called me to tell me he was in town from Philly for the holiday and wanted to know if I wanted to get together. So I said SURE! And he came over.





We went to eat at the Texas Roadhouse. Good food as always. And the conversation was great as well. he and I can talk about and argue about and debate nearly any subject, from sports to movies to comic books to politics. And we pretty much covered them all. And Johnnie's pretty sharp, he keeps me on my feet during these discussions. Johnnie has just gotten a credit card, I forget if it's his first or not, but it's a new one and he just got it, so he wanted to use it, so he bought my supper, for my birthday, with his credit card. That was sweet.

Afterwards, we went to the Prime Outlets and walked around and shopped. And yes, this WAS Black Friday. But it was about 700 at night, and while it was busy, it was packed or insane. It was actually quite pleasant. We didn't buy anything until we got to Banana Republic, and then Johnnie got some clothes, a few at my insistance, mainly a purple shirt and purple checked pants. no they are NOT as hideous as they sound.

Actually, Johnnie has recently also changed his whole "look". What used to be what I'd call "sloppy preppy" is gone. he used to wear baggy, saggy khakis, and a loose button up or tee shirt and always wore these black shoes, and his hair was kinda....whichever way it happened to be that day. BUt this night he was wearing jeans, which i haven't seen him in in years. And they were tight form fitting jeans. Showed off his ass nicely, and I never even knew Johnnie HAD an ass. Also, the shirt he was wearing was tighter, fitting him better and showing off his form. And while he's not got a body builder, or fashion model physique, he does have an attractive swimmers type of build that, with these new clothes, he's not longer hiding.

I told him he looked gay, but I meant that in a good way. he was rather unimpressed by the compliment. he called this Asian chick he's kinda seeing and asked her, and she agree that not only was it a compliment, but that he did indeed look gay. But that was nice, cause gay guys are hot. he was not happy with that comversation either. You can judge for yourself, below I have two photos of Johnnie in his new look, and one with the purple outfit I persuaded him to buy.







that's my boy. And his hair, even if you can't tell, is cut, and styled. nothing fancy, but at least it shows he did something with it.

I don't want to make a long huge post here, I'll post other stuff next, and we'll wrap this one up.

POLT

W.'s presidency rushes backward, stifling possibilities, stirring intolerance, confusing church and state, blowing off the world, replacing science with religion and facts with faith. - Maureen Dowd

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i'm actually impressed with his new look...not that i saw his look before, but i was worried with your fashion sense. you two actually did a really good job with it, i'm impressed!
i love you baby!

Polt said...

I actully cannot take credit for the new look. He had that assembled before he ever arrived at my place. And he chose most of the clothes he bought at Banana republic. I CAN however, take credit for the purple outfit, as I was rather insistant that he try it on and then buy it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I can see where you might be coming from about gay styles.

However, I don't think that Johnny looks gay at all.
Over the last 6-8 years many straight men dress a lot better than they used to. We can no longer assume that a neet and tidy guy is probably gay. (well, you can assume that if you want to.....)

I think Johnny looks very good and more grown up. Maturity brings about many changes...usually for the better.
I think the women will be after Johnny (if not a few of the men). He's a good looking guy.

Fairy Godfather

Anonymous said...

Ok, I can see where you might be coming from about gay styles.

However, I don't think that Johnny looks gay at all.
Over the last 6-8 years many straight men dress a lot better than they used to. We can no longer assume that a neet and tidy guy is probably gay. (well, you can assume that if you want to.....)

I think Johnny looks very good and more grown up. Maturity brings about many changes...usually for the better.
I think the women will be after Johnny (if not a few of the men). He's a good looking guy.

Fairy Godfather