Friday, October 05, 2007

Hey, come out and play....

So, after work tonight, i decided to stop by Freddie's Subs (no relation to my boyfriend) and get a turkey sub. They really DO have the best subs in town. I usually stop once a week on way home. It's funny, I've done it so much now, I don't even have to order anymore. There's a cute, light-skinned black girl that works there, and as soon as she sees me coming in the door, she starts making the half a turkey sub, with cheese, lettuce, mayo and onion. And she has it ready before the lady taking my order even has it rung up. I just smile at her every time.

So i got this home, ate it with some chips and a soda. Then I watched some Star Trek: Voyager reruns, got online and made a few posts to the blog, then settle down in front of the TV again. i watched the repeat of this week's new Bionic Woman (not terribly impressed, although the shot of the shirtless long haired Asian guy was MUCH apprecaited), and started to watch the new Dr. Who. And then my phone rang. Who was it?


A Local Celebrity, Mr. David Parispeking! (ALCMDPP) yep, him. he tells me that I need excitement and spontaneity, and he needs to get out of the house and get some chicken, so i was supposed to put on some shoes and meet in a half hour at Buffalo Wild Wings. I didn't really want to go, I'm not a big fan of that restaurant, and it was already 8:20, too late to eat buffalo wings! And I have to go to work tomorrow.

So........naturally, a half hour later, I was pulling into Buffalo Wild Wing's parking lot (ah, I'm a sucker for whining and begging, what can i say?) We were seated, and despite having to wait a long to be waited on, and having to ask for silverware and napkins, waiting a long time for our drinks, we had a good time. Over beers (and a diet coke for ALCMDPP...whatta pussy), and 12 boneles wings in mild sauce for him (whatta pussy) and 12 boneless wings in medium sauce for me, we discussed and debated the issues of the day.

We covered, to my recollection, and in alphabetical order, the following: Borders Bookstores, Bushie's vetos, Canadian health care, chimney sweeps, corporations, '"Dont Ask, Dont Tell", Edwards, Elizabeth: The Golden Years, family trees, fear of heights, FEMA, Freddie, gay marriage, Ghostie, Giuliani, Hillary, home remodeling, Japanese pro-baseball players, Melissa Etheridge, Michael Moore, military spending, Montana, Obama, our jobs, peanut butter pie, race relations, Rent, Romney, socialized medicine, Superbad, taxes, the United States Congress. I'm sure there were other things I'm forgetting, but this is a rough idea.

And now, right after I post this, I'm going to bed...probably to wake up with indigestion or have some real whoppers of dreams tonight!

POLT

Listening to "Unique (Is What You Are)" by Club 69

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow you guys covered about everything there is to talk about. Sounds like fun to me.

Onanite