Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Think I'll buy me a football team (Week 5)...

Oh, I am a BAAAD Cowboys fan. I watched last night's game, totally disgusted with it. All those interceptions. And dropped passes. And what the hell was going on? And then, middle of the 4th, and Romo fumbles it away. "That's it", I thought. "I am NOT going to sit here and watch them self destruct anymore!" So I turned off the TV, went to bed, read for a bit, and went to sleep.

And by doing so, I missed Dallas scoring 9 points (a touchdown, botched 2 point conversion, successful onside kick, two completed passes and a field goal to win it) in 20 seconds at the end of the game to win by a point! Man, am i kicking myself now. Just about as hard as I was figuratively kicking Romo during the rest of the game!

So Dallas remains 5-0. And I know, I know, I've already heard all the derisive comments (oh, when will they play a REAL team? They're just lucky. etc, etc, etc), but all I have to say is, that a team that can have thier quarterback intercepted 5 times and fumble the ball once, and STILL have the composure to keep it together to score 9 points in 20 seconds (SECONDS) at the end of the game, well, they gotta be considered a contender!

I'm still in the pool at work, since Tennessee won, but man, my choices are getting slimmer and slimmer! And in the bets with Johnnie, I won 2-1 this week, which brings me to 10-5 with him overall...so he now owes me $5...but there's still PLENTY of time left in the season.

POLT Oil: 80.08 (+.14); Gas: 2.72 (-)

Listening to "Everything" by Alanis Morisette

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I dunno....the Lions are rocking pertty hard!! Bahahahah sorry...I was delusional there for a minute!! lol

Polt said...

The lions were ROCKED pretty hard by the Skins this weekend. Which saddened me, as I hate the Skins only a bit less than I do Bushie...so that should tell you a lot.

HUGS...