Friday, October 12, 2007

When I was twelve, at summer camp (Part 4)...

12 for the 12th

Once more, it's the twelfth of the month, which means you get to see 12 photos from my day. Welcome to a day in life o'Polt!



7:56am
This is a bridge I cross under on the way to work, it's a one land deal. Have to honk your horn while going through it. That's why its a bit blurry, difficult to shoot, honk, and steal all at the same time.



8:07 am
The pills I take every morning for my diabetes. There's also two cholestrol pills in there, as well as a baby aspirin for my heart.



2:59pm
This afternoon was very VERY busy. I had to do paperwork in 15 clients. And each one required the first batch of forms to be signed and stapled (each batch having a minimum of 4 forms, one had as many as 9 forms), then another form filled out in tripicate, all of this info entered into the computer, and then all the paperwork distributed to four different places. And I got them all done in the span of four hours. Busy, busy, busy.



3:01pm
Another view of the paperwork, all stacked together.



7:08pm
Ag and I went out to eat this evening. We ate at Cafe Del Sol. This is our appetizers: my salad, her batch of thier homemade chips.



7:17pm
And this is our entrees: she had a calzone, I had pasta and meatballs, with thier homemade garlic bread.



8:03pm
Afterwards, we drove to Borders.



8:15pm
When I worked there, from 2000, to 2003, this was one of my sections: Social Sciences. It included Women's Studies (which you see the tag for) and Gay and Lesbian Studies and Fiction (on the lower shelf). And I was given that section by accident, if you can imagine.



8:18pm
Another of my old sections: Politics. There's supposed to be a number of books faced out in each section. When i go to ANY Borders, I always check out the Politics section, and when I leave it, I've ensured that all the faced-out books are pro-Democrat or anti-Republican, never the other way around. I was impressed that this time, all the books were already that way.



8:35pm
On the way home, Ag and I took to singing, in our own little way, our own little redition of "Your Lying Eyes" by some country-esque group I can't now think of. Yeah, we're laughing in addition to singing. hearing us, you'd understand why.



9:30pm
This is my computer, where I was hard at work doing....well, something rather pointless I'm sure, but hard at work doing it nonetheless!



10:00pm
This is the two books I bought at Borders: a history book and a gay/superhero/coming out novel. No surprises there.

POLT

Listening to "One Song Glory" from the Rent Soundtrack

4 comments:

Snow White said...

Today is the first time I've heard of "12 of 12" and now I've seen it twice! I like it. If someone reminds me next month, I'd like to play along!

My little brother works at a Borders, and doesn't really enjoy it. I think it would be a wonderful place to work! Maybe it's what I'll do in my next life.

Have a great weekend! xox

exile said...

that's awsome that you sing in the car. i think more people should do it more often

Rick Rockhill said...

hey there...new visitor to your blog. enjoying the read thru and look around. stop by and say hi sometime!

S said...

Right on for fixing up those politics sections!

Gotta love a good book store....