Thursday, October 25, 2007

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 80)...

It's time once more for...


Well, kids as well all know this is the last one before Halloween. We're supposed to do the Halloween costume themed thing next week. I don't really plan on doing anything for Halloween, although I might find a costume from a previous year or something. Anyways, I wanted to do something Halloween-esque this week too.

As regular readers know, my dad's fallen ill with cancer. But for, well, every year that I can remember, he planted and tended a large garden in the back yard. He planted it this year before he got to sick to take care of it. Mom took over that duty. But one thing he planted this year was pumpkins. About two weeks ago, mom and I were in the backyard, walking around the garden, and we found a few of them. This is me, with one of dad's pumpkins:


Yep, that's Uncle Polt and the pumpkin. It's HUGE. And that was a few weeks ago, I'm sure it's even bigger now. Papa Polt sure can grew 'em big, eh?

To see what other people did for HNT, click the HTN button in my sidebar.

POLT

Listening to "Bitchin' Camaro" by The Dead Milkmen

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that is such a great pic!
I love it!
HHNT

Vixen said...

What a cute pic (and YEAH that thing is HUGE)!

happyHNT!

Jessica said...

about papa polt growin em big.... are you refering to the pumpkin, or something in your pants???

Happy HNT!!!

lime said...

zowie, that is one big pumpkin! lift with yoru KNEES!

HHNT

Bunny said...

My what a large, firm uh, pumpkin, you have there!

LOL @ Jessica!!

MHHNT!

Bunny said...

Yeah, I don't what I typed there. I meant

HHNT!

S said...

Yes it is really large but not as big as my 3000 pounder, and look at you, you lazy sod, you are not even trying to pick it up!

(Actually, my pumpkin weighed 32 pounds and Id say that one might be a bit bigger.....)

HHNT Polt...

Roxi said...

That is one huge pumpkin!

I bet that would make a ton of pies..

mmmm... pumpkin pie...

damnit its not even halloween and you got me thinking of thanksgiving...

Blissfully Wed said...

Cool post and pic.

Keep having fun. ;)

rob said...

Your father's done a good job creating people and pumpkins. Tell him I grew them once, they took over the garden yet the actual pumpkins were no bigger than a golf ball.

HHNT

The Ethical Slut said...

Prayers for you father. Sweet post, HHNT!

Lapis Ruber said...

That's a big one - I hope he knows that it is being admired all over the world now! Happy HNT.

Snow White said...

Great pumpkin! I think for next week's HNT you should carve it... after painting it purple, of course!

Happy HNT! xox

Anonymous said...

It's been a long time since I've seen you in that position. Hopefully that's going to change soon ;-)

Jason said...

nice picture

and nice masthead.. banner.. whatever ya call it.. hhnt

TK Kerouac said...

Aww , so sorry to hear about your dad,
He grows them pumpkins big
Happy HNT!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! Laughing at Funny Freddie! Polt wants to see you in that position Freddie!
That is the most sincere Pumpkin patch in the whole World! Sincerety as far as the eye can see. It's the great pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

Shibari said...

Wow.. what a huge....pumpkin.. If you pick it I will make the homemade pumpkin bread... (yep I cook... err bake) Polt you are so completely cute... (personality wise) and totally handsome... I so wish I could fix you and my best friend up... ;)

SignGurl said...

I hope gardening has been therapudic for your father.

You are too cute with your pumpkin :)

Anonymous said...

Freddie's comment cracks me up :) You need to carve that sucker up or better yet put in a pumkin sling shot!

HHNT!

Polt said...

Why yes, Freddie, it HAS been a while since you've seen me in that position...I don't often pick up pumpkins after all.

HUGS...