Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Blew out all the candles, wishing we'd come true...

File this under "Be Careful What You Wish For"...

So last night, the phone rang. I picked it up and said hello. The response I got was, "I want Testicular Tuesdays!" No, "Hey!"; no "Hello!"; no "Howya doin, buddy?". Nope. Just a demand for his own column on Tuesdays. Johnnie says he only wants 300 words. He refused, despite the full force of my persuasive powers, to send me any photos to post for the testicular column.

I suggested he start his own blog, but I was informed that would be lame. ???? Can't quite get the gist of that. If it's lame to have a blog, wouldn't it be even more lame to read one, and wouldn't it be even MORE lame to post to someone else's blog? There was some explanation about all that, but it never made sense to me. Perhaps he can comment on it some Testicular Tuesday in the future?

I informed him that if we started this, he'd need to send me something today, as it is now Tuesday. but I was informed he'll be out getting all shit-faced and will be unable to string a coherent sentence together, much less a "column". I'm sure he'll comment on that in his column.

So starting soon, there will be another regular feature here at the Palace....God help us all.

POLT = listening to "Longview" by Green Day

Dallas Cowboys are 2-1

"Where the hell did you come from?" "Daddy did a bad thing with Mommy and nine months later...." - Jack Hawksmoor, The Authority

No comments: