Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Rescue me, I'm on the run like a refugee...

So, over the weekend, I was watching some of the coverage of the devastation from Katrina. I actually started crying, I felt so bad. I know I constantly bitch and moan and my credit card needing paid off (and it DOES), but I felt I had to do something. So, using my credit card, I made a small donation to the Red Cross here. I wish it could have been more, but at least I did something.

And then, Saturday, with the gracious help of my lil Aggie, we managed to go through my closet and check EVERY piece of clothing I own, and bag up all that I didn't need, couldn't wear, or wouldn't wear (although I DID keep her hideous purple bridesmaid's gown...never know when I might need that for Halloween, or a drag show or what have you), and got that ready to donate to the hurricane's victims. Below is the fruits of our efforts:

Now I just need to get it all down to the car and find a place to take it. 5 large garbage bags of clothes. Somebody down there can wear them...or use them as shelter, like tents for small children.

POLT

Have fun. Make peace. Be creative. - Todd Oldham

No comments: