Wednesday, September 07, 2005

On the MTV, that ain't working, that's the way....

Found this on another blog. Man, it TOTALLY echoes my thoughts on the subject!

I was given the task of babysitting 6 plants this weekend. This means that I get to have TV for the weekend. This means that I have sat on my ass this entire afternoon watching MY SUPER SWEET SIXTEEN, quite possibly the most vapid television show known to man.Let me give you a brief synopsis: wealthy 15 year-olds (i'm talking grossly wealthy) have party planners and personal dressers put together their ultimate Sweet 16 birthday party. The last one that I watched cost $140,000. That's $20,000 more than my college education. Which I'll be paying off FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. Often they scream at the parents when they can't fit into a Betsey Johnson dress, bitch because the air conditioning is broken in the limo, and pout because no one is paying attention to them. It's like watching a car accident. Being rich must be AWESOME. Here's hoping I can afford my rent this month.

I detest that show, even the one where they had the cute guy turn 16 and have his party. And that one I watched muted, just for the eye candy. Man, I remember the good old days when MTV actually showed videos!

POLT

"I feel like everyone's judging me." "Of course they are, it's a gay bar!" - Jack, Will & Grace

No comments: