Thursday, September 22, 2005

Peck a-little, talk a-little, peck a-little, talk a-little...

So, recently, I went for my monthly Cut & Color (yep, Uncle Polt colors his hair. Gotta keep that grey under wraps until I hit 40. Anything under 40 is too young to show grey. And Linda does a great job of it, cuase my hair is natrually mousey brown, but my goatee is reddish, so she matches my hair to my goatee, and nobody knows the difference....) and along with Linda and myself, there were probably 8 more stylists there and about 4 other customers. One was a very handsome, well built young man of about 25 maybe 30. I think I heard him called Tony. I made sure that even though I had my glasses off and could only see him as a blur, i kept him in view in the mirror in front of me. And there was normal salon conversations taking place, no big deal.

So then, before Linda was done putting on the color, Tony finished, paid, and left. AFter the door shut, there was about a 3 minute time period of total silence, quite a change from the low level of noise that had been taking place. ANd then one of the stylists said, "Oh. My. God!" And another one added, "He is SO hot!" and the one that had been working on him said, "It's such a shame he's already married." ANd one of the customers said, "He is quite attractive."

And that's all I could hear, because the room erupted then with nearly every one in it making some comment to someone else about Tony. I know I wasn't saying anything because 1) I was shocked at how quickly everything changed and 2) I wsa still stuck in a fantasy involving me, Tony, electric razors, and a barbers chair. But I digress....

These women were no different than a group of guys talking about a hot chick. Okay, well maybe less graphic, but still... And women complain that men objectify and demean women with such things! Course, if any guy was deserving of objectifiation, it was Tony. but, again, I digress....

All I can say is, Ladies, people who live in glass houses ought not throw veiled comments and innuendo about!

POLT = listening to "Situation" by Yaz

It's not everyday that someone gets nominated for a Crystal Dick! That's huge! - Ted, Queer As Folk

No comments: