Sunday, September 04, 2005

Papa don't preach...

Earlier this summer, the Domino's Pizza that had been in town for like 18 years, and where Uncle Polt got his first job ever delivering pizza's back during the end of the Reagan years, closed. It sat empty for a bit, and then they opened a Papa John's there less than a month ago.
I purposely stayed away, because I knew the guy who owned it is a local realtor in town, and in addition is a slimy underhanded sleazebag. He gets whatever he wants because he knows which hands in town to grease and how much greasing needs done. He is sleazier than a used car salesmen at a Yugo dealership. And for that reason alone, I had decided I would avoid it as much as possible.

Nonetheless, earlier this week, Phoenix and I, who were hanging out, decided we wanted something to eat, and so, I thought I'd give Papa John's a try. We called the order in an went to pick it up. We ordered a medium with pepperoni. It was around $11.80. When they handed me the box, I thought they had the wrong order. It was in a box that at Domino's would have only held a small pizza. And those were sold for $6.99. And it wsa indeed our order. I was NOT impressed with the price, and when we got it home, we both agreed we were not impressed with the taste either. There's another pizza place in town called Auturo's, they had a medium pizza that is actually medium sized, and I think is priced about $11.75. And it tastes better too.

But the kicker for me was, while I was waiting in line to get the pizza, I saw the Papa John logo int he store (which i've put above), and i recalled seeing in a magazine (probably Advocate or Out) that Papa John is a major contributor to anti-gay initiatives and groups. They'll call them pro-family issues...as if being pro-gay rights automatically means you're anti-faimly, which it does not. And who the hell would be anti-family anyway? I personally think it's very anti-family to kick your child out on the street and disown them, or send them to a brain washing "camp" just because they happen to have a sexual orientation different from your own. but then that's just me.

Getting back to the point of this post, I will in the future be avoiding PapaJohn's pizza from the local restaurant because of it's bad owner, it's bad prices, it's bad quality of food, and it's bad corporate practices. And i would urge all readers of the Palace to do so as well, although it's up to each individual to make up their own minds.
**********************************************************
By the way, I put up a new Poll today, feel free to vote away!

POLT

Words of advice kids: don't provoke a drugged up gorilla. - Flash, Flash # 178

No comments: