Friday, September 09, 2005

You can't soothe me with affection...

So, today we had that meeting that I had been dreading dealing with the switching of job duties. I had all my arguments in mind, all the stuff I wanted done and the reasons why. I had all the logic behind the arguments organized and i had practiced the arguments to within an inch of thier lives. I was ready...but still seriously stressed. And then this morning, the meeting was called. My co-worker, my boss and me. While the boss opened this up and talked I was rehearsing everything I wanted to say. And then...THEN, much to my surprise, my boss set everything up the way I wanted. And my co-worker didn't argue, she went right along with it. So I got everything I wanted without having to say a word. I was, frankly, stunned.

So I did all the worrying and stressing for nothing. And since the news of the last few weeks has been....well, less than good is an understatement, I figured I'd post some photos here to calm us, to relax us, to...soothe us, if you will.

Firstly, we have a dog. how calming and relaxing is that, to have your faithful companion beside you, rubbing his head, or scratching his tummy and he, just looking up at you and
smiling, in abject pleasure and contentment?

I love babies. Its a calming influence on me to hold one, inhaling the fresh baby smell, and rock and cuddle with the infant. Well, I don't know about you, but I find the thought of him VERY soothing. This is Rafy. I just imagine him, beside me while I rub his head or scratch his tummy, and he, looking up at me, smiling in abject pleasure and contentment. ....okay, um, we should I suppose just move right along....

How about a beautiful cool, early autumn day, with the sun in the sky, clouds floating past, and you, laying on the grass, watching them pass, and describing what the clouds look like to Rafy who's laying beside you while you rub -

Sorry, got distracted again. Moving on... How about a beautiful sunset? Gleaming oranges, yellows and reds in ribbons across the sky, and the sun sets, dropping a cloud of darkness overhead. Isn't that relaxing?

Or how about the coast, see where verdant green shores meet the sparkling blue seas? Think of the smell of saltwater, perhaps taste some salt on your lips, as you feel the cool ocean breeze blows against you. You can even, if you listen carefully, hear the waves smash and crash over the rocks a little further out, or hear them wash up on the shore. All 5 of your senses are stimulated...without a mention of Rafy...although he could be quite stimulating.

I know, I know...move on...

Now this photo is one of my absolute favorites.

I think this photo is just awesome to lookg at. It puts everything in perspective. No matter how big and huge my problems seem, in the larger scheme of things, my problems just aren't that big of an issue. And that makes me feel better to put it in that perspective, but it also sometimes makes me feel damn insignificant. Nonetheless, I still love this photo.

POLT

Jesus preached and talked against a whole gamut of sins. He never mentioned homosexuality at all. - Jimmy Carter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures
It seems like you are taking on all stresses of life, and I am the one who is not worrying and stressing.
How weird is that.