Thursday, November 16, 2006

At night, I try not to pee on myself...

I've noticed a few comments from this week's HNT mentioning they don't want to see the peeing part of my morning rituals...and rest assured that will not happen. BY the time I'm drying my hair, the peeing part if already over.

But this brings to mind something that I just realized in the last few weeks. It's kind of embarrassing, but it needs to be said...I pee in the shower.

There. I said it. I'm glad I said it. And it's nothing for me to be ashamed about. I bet every guy has peed in the shower before, at least once. I mean, what's the big deal, it's going down the drain anyways, just so long as you don't get any on yourself...well unless you're into that sort of thing, which I am definately NOT. Although if you are, well....just don't do it here at my place, okay?

But I digress somewhat. My point was, I knew that I peed in the shower in the morning sometimes, I just didn't realize to what extent I did that. Apparently, I have a Pavlovian response to the running of a shower. To wit: shower runs, Polt's bladder has to empty.

I'm never really awake in the morning, and i'm thinking about other things, so it seems I'm not usually entirely conscious of doing it. But lately, what with Freddie being here, I've noticed it more. Mainly cause, he and I have a habit of showering together, as couples are known to do. And several times, we've been in there together and it took every ounce of my willpower to NOT release until he got out to dry off. One time I think I actually physically had my legs crossed. not that he noticed...or if he did, he didn't say anything, God love him.

I've been trying to be more attentive to using the toilet before I shower, and that's helped, but not every time. Sometimes, even though I've just used to toilet, my body somehow finds extra leftover fluid that needs expelled once I'm in the shower. It's crazy. But I'm working on it.

Why bother to tell you all this? Oh who knows. I guess I just wanted it out there in the open should I ever spend the night at one of your homes....

POLT = listening to "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead

Chump don't want no hep, chump don't get no hep. Jive ass fool ain't got no brains anyhow. - Jive Old Lady, Airplane

No comments: