Tuesday, November 21, 2006

I'm glad I'm a man and so is Lola...

This evening I watched the movie Transamerica.



I can certainly understand why Felicity Hoffman was nominated for an Oscar. Her performance was outstanding! She actually looked like she coudl have been a man becoming a woman. And she is a beautiful woman. But this was more than just makeup, her mannerisms, her way of sitting, walking, etc, all could easily have been someone in a pre-operative state.

The movie made me laugh in parts (her parents are hilarious) and I even choked up at one point. And how can a movie that shows Kevin Zegers naked as about three times be anything but good?

Definately one of the best movies I've seen this year. I highly recommend it.

POLT = listening to "Like A Virgin" by Madonna

"Are you here to make fun of me too?" "No, ma'am, we at teh FBI have no sense of humor that we know of." - K, Men In Black

4 comments:

Craig said...

Definitely a great movie! My favorite thing about it is how conventional it is, within an unconventional plot. Make sense?

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The Persian said...

I saw it in the theatre, and I agree, it is a wonderful film. I was riveted.

m_o_o_nspells said...

Felicity Huffman was absolutely excellent...great performance in a grwat flick.
Incidentally, she was on a short-lived, but brilliant, t.v. show called "Sports Night"...written by the ever-brilliant Aaron Sorkin. Good stuff...too bad I was the only one watching!

Anonymous said...

Zegers is definitely wet dream material. And FH is truly amazing. I kept thinking: Here she is, a female, trying to portray a male who is turning into a female. Weird! And the parents.....freaking wild, man. I laughed until I was sick. The mom with all of the white stuff under eyes that she wore at night! One of the scenes that whacked me over the head the most: Toward the end in the bedroom when she was trying to tell her son who she was and she made the statement: "I have something to tell you about me and you're not going to like it." Reminded me of times that many of us have already gone through. Ouch. Tears, you're right.
A definitely winner of a movie.