Monday, November 27, 2006

i'm comin' back, i'm back again, again...

Okay, boys and girls, Uncle Polt is back, albeit not the same. i had to go buy a new computer, which is okay, cause I got a 19" flat panel wide screen monitor, and a new printer as well (my old one was about 8 years old). Both came in the sale package. Phoenix, God bless him, came over after work and helped me tear the old one down and hook this new one up. yeah, i probably could have done it myself, but it was easier and more fun, to have two of us doing it.

The sad thing is that I lost 8 years of Word documents, my iTunes library 9over 3,000 songs) and all my photos. And while the vast majority of them were stuff I grabbed off the Internet and don't really care about, there are other personal photos I lost as well. Two trips to toronto, at least two different weddings, all the photos with Freddie, as well as all the photos i took of family and friends over there years, some of which are no longer around here (Scott's in California, Charles is in Florida, etc, etc). And honestly, the loss of those photos if more painful to me than paying for a new computer or anything else I've lost.

My friend, the Stranger, works in IT, and I'm gonna take the old tower to him and see if he can get the photos for me somehow. but I'm preparing myself for the fact I may just have to go without.

Anyway, I obviously lost the rest of my HNT photos, and since I'm sure i can find my CD that came with the camera, I might not be able to take a new one in time for this week, but we'll see.

I just wanted to let you all know what my status is, and that I'll be catching up on your blogs as time permits. thanks for all the concerned comments left. And any of you who volunteered for that spanking thing, form a line on the right, I'll be with you in a minute.

POLT = listening to nothing, as i no longer have my iTune library

I don't want to die without any scars. - Tyler, Fight Club

6 comments:

Ag said...

you can always use my camera and we can download on my computer. can't keep your fan waiting

Doug said...

Good luck getting your stuff off your old hard drive.

Polt said...

Ag, thanks for the offer. And yeah Doug, it's all outta my hands now. We can only hope The Stranger can work his little magic and get them for me. SIGH....

Anonymous said...

That sucks Polt...I'll be crossing my fingers that your friend can work some magic for you...
*Hugs*
m_o_o_nspells

Anonymous said...

Don't give up on retrieving your hard drive from the last computer. We have done it several times, just takes someone who knows what they are doing.

Good luck buddy, and as a last resort, you can send the old hard drive to us and we can give it a shot.

Your friend,

Onanite

Sexy Duet said...

If you have your music on your iPod you can always transfer it back to your computer. Let me know if you need to know how.

I hope you get all your pics back.

Ms SD