Monday, November 06, 2006

I'll give you television, I'll give you eyes of blue...

SO this past week and weekend with me not feeling terribly well, i watched a lot of TV. What else was there to do? I saw on Sunday, the first Christmas commericals of the year. I saw three total. The first one was from Overstock.com. I think, since Overstock was the first Christmas ad I saw, I shall not purchase anything from them this year. Christmas ads are fine...after Thanksgiving! Not while you're still eating leftover Halloween candy! That's just wrong.

Also, this weekend, I was flipping around the channels and stumbled into some movies. Normally, I don't watch a movie if I come onto it after it starts. I mean, I want to watch the whole movie, not parts of it. but these three movies are just so cool, I watched them all the way ot the end, even though I didn't catch thier beginnings.

They were The Fifth Element



Shaun Of The Dead



And The Birds.



These films are so good, I can come into them at any time and enjoy them all the way through. I don't really enjoy Bruce Willis films, but the Fifth Element isn't really an action film, it's more a sci-fi/comedy. And it's great.

Shaun of The Dead is one of the funniest movies i have EVER seen! And that's despite all the blood and gore, which is usually a huge turnoff to me in films.

And the Birds...I know it matches nothing of the gore fests they call horror movies nowadays. But Hitchcock was a master of horror. When Tippi Hedren turns around and sees all those birds on the playground equipment...well I gasp along with her, even though i've seen the movie countless times.

These three films suceeded in taking my mind off the way I felt, and really isn't that whay good entertinament is supposed to do?

POLT = listening to "Bright As Yellow" by The Innocence Mission

"Father, are you sure she's a supreme being?" - David, The Fifth Element
"Oh for God's sake, he's got an arm off!" - Shaun, Shaun Of The Dead
"What do you want?" "I thought you knew! I want to go through life jumping into fountains naked, good night!" - Melanie, The Birds

8 comments:

Doug said...

The Fifth Element is one of my favorite movies. Chris Tucker is hilarious.

Sexy Duet said...

Our city had its Christmas Parade on Saturday, although we dont have Thanksgiving so I guess they dont have anything to wait for once November starts.

Love the Birds, havent seen any of the others. Hope you are feeling better.

Ms SD

Ryan said...

just stoppin in 2 say hi while mikey is still sleepin!

Craig said...

Fifth Element was awful.

Just sayin!

Anonymous said...

That's one of the best triple features I've seen. :) I've always gotten a kick out of The Fifth Element. And Shaun Of The Dead is DEFINETLY up there with my favorite comedies ever (along with Borat which I get to see for my third time with you no less, yay!). And Hitchcock rules. I also love doing that with comedies on tv, coming into movies and just start watching for wherever. If it's a FUN movie, I'll stop and watch.

Anonymous said...

Er. That last comment was from me as you probably could tell. Apparently I have to fill out the identity thing even after I preview the comment. :P

Polt said...

Doug: Chris Rock is excellent in it.

Sexy Duet: you had your christmas parade in early November???? That seems premature.

Ryan: Well you get back in there an cuddle with him right away! :)

Craig: Ah, you can't even keep your toys from molesting each other, what do you know? :)

Jam Handy!: yes, I knew it was you. :)

Truthspew said...

If you enjoyed Shaun of the Dead and The Fifth Element, you'll definitely like Mars Attacks.