Friday, November 24, 2006

Okay, kids, I came home this evening and discovered that my computer was fucked up. I tried to fix it myself, but natually, that probably just made it worse. So i called a good friend of mine who works in IT at a local company, and he told I had a nasty NASTY virus.

he told me that HE had gotten the same thing a little bit ago, and it took him over and hour to get everything cleaned up. Then he helped me walk through some things. We dicsovered that apparently, I have the virus worse than he did because I have less protection. yes, yes, it' smy own fault. on dial-up I didn't need all these things and so i didn't have them. My Norton anti-virus is three years out of date, my Spybot hasn't been updated for like 4 months or more, and apparently, I don't have a firewall of any kind set up. he told me he was surprised I went almost a month without catching something like this.

We tried to get me online so I could go to a website that has all the clean up stuff I need on it, but NOOOO, couldn't get online. My only option is to go to his house and pick up a disc and instructions that he'll make for me, which i will do tomorrow.

However, tomorrow, I have to work, and then go to the viewing of my co-worker who was sick with cancer and who died Tuesday, and THEN I'm supposed to go to a movie and possibly drinks afterwards with friends to celebrate my birthday. So I don't know when I'll get to try to fix my computer, if it's indeed even fixable. Pfffft, some fucking birthday tomorrow is gonna be.

Anyway, I'm posting this on a friend's computer (thanks, Ag!) So you guys know what happened. I have no idea when I'll post again. Hopefully I'll be able to get this all cleaned up and everything will be back to normal on my computer (albeit with much mroe security than before), but who knows, it could take days, or I might ahve to scrap the computer totally and get a new one, which REALLY fucking sucks. not su much the getting a new computer (I mean, Christmas is coming, I could always finagle a new one somehow) but I don't want to lose all the personal photos I've taken, or all the letters and stuff I've written. If we can't salvage the computer, I just hope we can salvage that stuff.

Anyways, guys, I'll be back when I can. i'll still be able to check your blogs from work, or maybe from a friends (please, Ag...) if needed, but when I can post again...who knows?

I love computers, but i HATE shit like this!!! Arghhh!

have a nice weekend, y'all. talk to ya soon, I hope...

POLT

6 comments:

Sexy Duet said...

Happy Birthday!!!
I got a virus on our laptop, it took Mr SD quite some time and money to repair it - I wasnt very popular.

Ms SD

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POLT!!! Sorry about the virus. I'll miss you until things get back to normal. I believe that when something bad happens something good is going to happen, so look for good news soon!

Ryan said...

happy b-day!

damn virus i hated them!

m_o_o_nspells said...

Happiest of birthdays, Poltie...and many bj's for you too! ;o)

The Persian said...

I have Norton, and have never had a virus that wasn't just annoying or easily removed. I guess I have always been paranoid about it and made sure I was over-protected.

Sorry buddy about the PC, hope everything is cleared up soon.

*hugs(

Polt said...

Sexy duet: oh this one is ALL my own fault..I was stupid and careless, and this is the result.

Ed: well Im back. And the new 19" wide screen flat panel monitor is pretty spiffy...although I'd swtich back if I oculd get all my photos...

Ryan: Thanks man.

Moons: hehehe, naughty girl. Nope, no bj's on my birthday, but many in a few weeks...when Freddie's back down here agian. :)

Persian: Yeah, I think I need to be a bit MORE paranoid than I have been, ya know?