Saturday, June 16, 2007

Higher than all the birds in the sky (Part 5)...

Having recovered from his wisdom teeth extractions, having had the stiches removed, and having eaten himself some Taco Bell with no pain, Freddie returned on Thursdays, to the Bird Sanctuary!

Unfortunately, there wasn't much to report. He said he pretty much just babysat the birds. Two of them were fighting all day, which eventually resulted in the use of a broomstick to keep them seperated. There was a cockatoo being chased by a macaw, although whether these were the same two birds I mentioned previously, or a different set, I forget. I would prefer them not to be a seperate set, cause I'm not sure how keen I am on my boyfriend working at a place where all the animals attack one another.

He also had to clean a whole bunch of cages, which just consisted of dumpin a tray of dirty wood shavings in a wheel barrow and replacing them with clean wood shavings. Oh, and he mentioned he had to dodge ducks everywhere all day. I'm somewhat curious as to why the ducks are allowed to roam free, but the cockatoos, macaws, and emus remain caged. Kind of like Pluto being Mickey's dog, but Goofy (also a dog) being Mickey's best friend, and getting to talk and walk upright and all. Doesn't seem fair to Pluto, does it? But I digress...

Freddie worked there today, perhaps I'll have something more to report soon.

POLT

Throughout all of wretched human history, religion has been the great divider of peoples. - The Surgeon, The Authority #28

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so want Freddies job. I love animals. I'm guessing the ducks have thier wings clipped and so are allowed to roam loose. The Parrots and Macaws can fly so they must be caged.

Truthspew said...

He had the stitches removed? Wow, I'm a rugged gay man. I take out my own stitches. Hell, give me a supply of anesthetic and I'd do my own stitches too.

It all goes back to when I was about twelve years old. A dog had bitten me and I had to get the holes stitched up. The doctor told me I'd know when the stitches were ready to come out because they'd itch. I told him I didn't want to come back so he gave me the stitch removal kit. It was just a set of scissors with a slightly curved end.

Sure enough about a month later the itching started so I pulled out my own stitches.

Then years later when I had the eleven stitches in my head (Car accident) I managed to freak my SO out by removing my own stitches. I still had the scissors.

Then just a few years ago I sliced open my left index finger. Four stitches and I took those out myself too. It's actually kind of fun to do.

So when it came to the wisdom teeth last year, you guessed it. I pulled my own stitches out.