Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me...

Just when I feared I might too much of geek, too big of a dork, just the loser-est of the losers, I read this. And I felt relief.

For most of the wedding outside the Knoxville Convention Center, Jonathan Wollack did his best impersonation of "Star Wars" bounty hunter Boba Fett: cool, confident and fearless.

"I’m not nervous at all," the groom said, dressed in the character’s vintage garb.

When fiancee Rose Coe, dressed as Sarah from the movie "Labyrinth," approached the altar, Wollack simply smiled. Even the gaggle of curious onlookers didn’t faze the soon-to-be husband.
Midway through the Louisville couple’s sci-fi/fantasy-themed wedding, everything changed.
Ordained minister Corey "Atim" Miller, dressed as an Imperial Officer, asked if there were any objections to the marriage. From the back of the crowd, another Boba Fett yelled, "Yes!" rushed to the stage and pushed Wollack aside.



Then, to the astonishment of Wollack and the loud cheering of Coe and the audience, the intruder lifted his helmet to reveal his true identity: Jeremy Bulloch, the actor who portrayed Boba Fett in some of the "Stars Wars" movies. Bulloch was among the celebrities taking part in the nearby AdventureCon.

"That’s a really big deal," Wollack said afterward, "at least to a ‘Star Wars’ fan."

Having your wedding interrupted by the 'real' Boba Fett isn't enough, no it's the quote, "That's a really big deal" that takes it to a whole new level of geek-dom.

POLT

Simple Math: Bush + Cheney + 4 more years = the Apocolpyse (2004) [how prophetic]

3 comments:

JP said...

Wow. I feel SOOOO much better about myself. Thanks. I thought I had it bad with my original Crisis on Infinite Earth's Poster still in the original plastic sheathe and never exposed to the light of day. Of coarse my Labyrinth themed Wedding is now straight in the toilet. That BITCH!
Jeez. In all seriousness, you have gotta be kidding me...

Craig said...

I plan on dressing up as a R2-D2 at my wedding. I look forward to the half hour of shocked silence as a try and make my way down the aisle without the convenience of motorization.

Polt said...

JP: you have the ORIGINAL Crisis On Infinite Earths Poster in originial plastic sheath?!?!?!?

I'm much more of a comic book geek than I am a Star Wars nerd, so that little statement of yours did indeed give me an erection. :)

HUGS...