Friday, June 29, 2007

Standing in the line-up, tears rolling down....

Puntabulous posted a little bit ago about picking himself out of a line-up. He explained it thusly:

"As a society, we aren’t always the people we strive to be. We look towards role models and attempt to emulate them, but we don’t always succeed. Here are some of my personal role models (taken from spaceship crews, obvs) and I’ve chosen who I wish to be, and who I really am:"

Well, seeing as how I'm secretly in love with Craiggers, and want to emulate him (among other things) in all I do, I've decided to follow suit. Although, instead of spaceship crews, I'll find myself in what I know: Comic book super-teams.

Team: Justice League Of America (current lineup)
I wish I was: Superman. I mean, who doesn't? Fast, stong, invulnerable, can fly, and with a pair of glasses and parting your hair differently, you're suddenly an entirely different person!
But I really am: Wonder Woman. A big, powerful queen (of the Amazons) wannabe, who takes my opinions and myself WAY too seriously, and rarely steps down and will fight to the end when my 'ways' are questioned.


Team: Justice Society Of America (current lineup)
I wish I was: Power Girl (lower left). She's strong, tall, blonde, and built. (her boobs have been drawn bigger than her head). Looking like that, I could have sex with ANY man I wanted. And if he was gay, I'd initimidate him into having sex with me.
But I really am: Starman (to the right of Power Girl). He babbles all the time, he's from the future and doens't really fit in, and the others think he's insane. Other than the 'from the future' part, that pretty much describes how others see me.


Team: Teen Titans (current lineup)
I wish I was: Jericho (bottom right). He's very handsome, with sexy curly hair and he can take over and possess other people's bodies. Oooo, imagine the FUN I could have with THAT power. Oh, and he's got a nifty purple costume.
But I really am: Kid Devil (to the left of Jericho). Kinda silly, kinda stupid, kinda irritating, they other's tolerate and put up with him basically cause they have to, he has no where else to go.


Team: The Outsiders (current lineup)
I wish I was: Nightwing (bottom center) His parents were killed before his eyes when he was child, he was raised by a dark brooding man his only friend a butler, he's had relationships with several hot super-heroines but never been able to make one work, his "city" Bludhaven was nuked last year BUT.....he's got the body of a GOD!
But I really am: Thunder (middle right) She is the daughter of a superhero, Black Lightning. He does NOT approve of her being a super-heroine, so she has to wear a disguise and not tell her family about her exploits, keeping one whole part of her life secret. Boy, do I know about that. Oh, and She's in a gay relationship with Grace (middle left).


Team: Doom Patrol (current lineup)
I wish I was: Elasti-Girl (center) She can grow or shrink herself to nearly any size. One assumes that when this takes place.....appendages grow, oh and or shrink, as well. Niiice.
But I really am: Beast Boy (Second from left) A kid who's different (he's green skinned and can change into any animal) and has no way to hide it, and so he uses humor and jokes to cover up his insecurities, fears and embarrassments.


Team: The Legion Of Super-Heroes (current incarnation)
I wish I was: Phantom Girl (bottom right, in white with black hair). She can walk through walls. And that's all well and good, but she's got a rocking body that looked damn good in that Mike Grell bell-bottomed costume of the late 1970's! She even looks good in pigtails. But best of all, she gets to date, and presumably make hot future other-worldly sex with, the hunky Ultra Boy (to the lower left of Supergirl, right up front)
But I really am: Brainiac 5 (to the immediate right of Supergirl, the green one). He's too smart for his own good. Dismissive of any ideas that differ from his. Prone to arrogance. Totally inept at starting romantic relationship.


Team: Shadowpact
I wish I was: Enchantress (bottom center). She's a reformed criminal, so we know she has a nasty streak. With her magic, she can make almost anything happen...or make anyone fall under her...spell. But with boobage like she has, would I really need spells to get the guys?
But I really am: Detective Chimp (bottom right). Does ANYONE take him seriously?


Team: The Watchmen
I wish I was: Ozymandias (center, purple mask) Handsome, sexy, genius, he made a fortune by the time he was 30, and then gave it all away, became a hermit,and then made himself another fortune just to prove he could! Rich and successful businessman. Can have, and gets pretty much whatever he wants...including a fortress in Antartica and a genetically engineered giant lynx as a pet. Oh, I know, he destroys half of New York City in the end to achieve his aims, but who ever else has looked so good doing something so evil? Plus, when he was a crimefighter, he wore a nifty purple costume!
But I really am: Captain Metropolis (lower right, in red) Closeted gay man, has an affair with a guy he shouldn't in the 40's, tries to re-organize the super-heroes in the 60's and is laughingly ignored, fades into obscurity until killed unceremoniously in a car crash in the 1970's. (No, i don't really think I'm that much of a sad sack, but I think he's the closest to me of any of the others.)

POLT

She's calling from HELL? On her cellphone??? - Max, JLA Classified #6

No comments: