Thursday, June 28, 2007

If you said goodbye to me tonight...

Today, I read on http://aguyinlove.blogspot.com/ that Mikey and Ryan decided to close down thier blog.

It was like a punch in the gut.

I know I've never met them, I've never spoken to them, and we've only exchanged a few emails and several comments, but it feels like a friend is leaving me. I understand why they're wrapping it up, but that makes it no easier.

I first stumbled on thier blog by visiting it to view one of thier HNT photos. This was about two years ago, I'd imagine. I was captivated: two cute young gay guys, in love. One in West Virginia, one in Atlanta. I was there for Mikey's visits to Atlanta; Ryan's visit to Mikey and the photos of thier camping out and of Mikey's town; for Mikey's visit to Ryan's where he surprised him by saying he wasn't going home and staying from now on; Ryan's health issues; for the trip to Florida and all the fun there; for Mikey's horrific accident, and Ryan's dedication to him; for Mikey's miraculous recovery and for everything inbetween.

Ryan and Mikey have taken a lot of shit from so many different people over the years, more in thier young years than I think i have in all my life. And they've persevered. And now, they want to shut the blog down, keeping that amount of drama out of their lives. they want to live together, grow together, just BE together outside the limelight of the blog. And as I said, this I can understand.

And as I said, it doens't make it hurt any less. I know they're just an email away, but it feels as if someone died. I enjoyed checking up on them daily to see what funny, or serious thing happened to them. Kinda like, I guess, why people check into the Palace.

This has happened before, with Persian Guy, Jason, DCGaysOfOurLives, and it bothered me each time then too, but this time, it feels more personal. Maybe because Ryan and Mikey were more personal on thier blogs, more open and throwing more out there for all to see. And I suppose that contributed to the drama and problems they had.

Anyway, I wish I had a more fitting tribute to them. but all I can say is, they've touched my life, I feel thier friends, and hope they have only the best of lives together. And I hope we'll stay in touch.


(this is the photo on thier blog, sweet romantic and sexy, like them)

Love you guys.

POLT

I think my biggest problem is being young and beautiful, because I've never been young and beautiful. Oh, I've been beautiful, and God knows I've been young, but never the twain have met. - Arnold, Torch Song Trilogy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have seen many Blogs come and go. Ryan and Mike shared so much that I felt like I knew them. Their loyal readers rejoiced with them at the good news and cried with them at the bad news. They will be missed so very much. Amid promises to stay in touch we know things will never be the same without them. At least I still have one couple that makes me smile. They are Polt and Freddie. I'm hoping for the day when you two crazy kids get to spend more time together.