Friday, June 08, 2007

To our friends and family in free verse...

#1. So, yesterday, after work, I met with Ghostie and his sister Colleen (she works for PETA).




















Love HER! She rocks. We always have a blast, and not just because we can pick on Ghostie together. We went to eat at Ruby Tuesdays and had a waitress that can only be described as SASSY! She was a hoot and a half. Then, at Colleen's request, I took them on a tour of the place I work. oh how exciting that was...i think the whole thing took like 20 minutes. And the highlight for them was seeing how all my co-workers were picking on me. We then went to Target, I was looking for a stool. (which apparently is pronounce STEW-ull, and not stul the way I've pronounced it all my life. But I digress) I didn't find a stool, but I did find Rufus Wainwright's latest CD and WKRP In Cincinnati season 1 on DVD! Oh my LORD was I excited. I missed WKRP in the late 70's when it initially aired, but I caught it in reruns in the early 80's, and it cracked me up! One of THE funniest ensemble shows. EVER. After all this excitement, I drove them back to thier car and we parted.

#2. So today at work, a bit before 11:00, I'm told I have two visitors in the lobby. It's Mama and Papa Polt!













Seems she was taking him to a doctor's appointment nearby, they got there too early and decided to stop by to see if they could get a tour. Mama Polt's been there before, when she's taken the Mama Polt's Homemade Christmas Candy And Cookies in for my co-workers (they start asking for the stuff in October, they like it so much!), but Papa Polt has never been there before. So i showed them around.

#3. Speaking of work, I have this co-worker who's whole life is sports. I think he loves sports more than his kids. he takes losses of his favorite football or baseball teams as a personal insult, or attack or something. I mean, it's so much MORE than a game for him. And it's sick. I like professional football, but I don't care about any other sport, pro or college or amatuer or local. (I can enjoy a hockey game, occasionally) But this guy is nuts with sports.

And that alone would be bad enough, but he has to tell everyone EVERYTHING about sports. And example: earlier this week, I went into the lunch room and he was there with some others. Somebody had said hi to me, but before I could even get a hello out, Mr. Sports says, loudly, "Hey, Polt, did you hear what happened to A-Rod in Toronto?" And again, before I could even answer him, he loudly says, "They caught him in this big park like Central Park up there in Toronto with some woman who's not his wife and they got pictures that they published!"




Now let me say here, I know A-Rod plays pro baseball. What team, what position, even his real name, I couldn't tell you to save my life (although after finding that specific photo of him online, I might be more intersted than before...) . And whom he is carousing with, his wife or otherwise, and in what part of what city concerns me so little it's beyond a miniscule amount. But, since I've been to Toronto and since he knows I like Toronto, he felt that I needed to know about A-Rod's extramarital exploits there.

*SIGH*...unless A-Rod's having and extramartial exploit with ME in Toronto, I frankly don't care! I said something like, "Yeah, Mr. Sports, they have a lot of nice parks up there." and turned away from him to the person who had said hi. he does that ALL the TIME! ARGH! he's a nice guy otherwards, but...oh well, whatever...venting is good for the soul.

#4. I think I mentioned before that I have another co-worker who when he makes pasta for his family, brings the leftovers to me. Nice guy. Well, his sister works with us, although in a different capacity. Anyway, tuesday morning, I came into work and found a container of pasta on my desk and thought that HE had put it there. but there was a note attached saying it was from HER! So I had to go give her a hug. But is it weird that I'm getting leftovers from two members of the same family...a family that I'm not related to?



#5. I had work Monday, which is usually laundry day for me, so i didn't get a chance to do any. mid-week, I had no jeans to wear. So i bragged a pair from the back of the closet and put them on. The length was fine,and they were a bit snug, but I think they were a different cut from what I'm used to, cause everytime I sat down, the damn things rode up and squashed...the boys. Not good...not good at all. One time as work I sat down and it hurt so much so quickly Ijust jumped right back up like the chair seat was hot. I said something loud like,"WHOA!" or whatever, cause a co-worker from an ajoining office yelled over to ask if everything was okay. Well yeah, except for my throbbing testicles, thanks for asking. no I didn't answer that, but wanted to.



And I can only WISH that was me in the photo. If it were, I'd wear tight jeans without complaint every freaking day!

#6. Freddie had his two remaining wisdom teeth out today. He called me about two hours afterwards, when he dad went to get the prescription filled. He said they had to cut both of these teeth apart and remove them in pieces. he said these hurt a LOT more than the first two. And they removed them only under novocaine!!! can you IMAGINE?? I had them knock me out to get my out! But the meds afterwards were pretty damn nice. I wish I was there, just to hold him and rub his head gently, ya know? he says he'll be okay, but he's not gonna call me until tomorrow night, probably won't feel like talking tonight. Yeah, no kidding.



This is a photo of Freddie when he had his first two teeth out. I just flipped it to show what it might look like.

Get well soon, sweetie.

UPDATE: freddie called me about two hours after I posted this. he said these teeth hurt more than the frist time, but the medication seemed to be affecting him more. He was seeing things moving really fast on TV, when he didn't think they needed to be. But he's doing fine otherwords. He even tried to make a kissing sound and it came out...well, not like a kissing sound. I had to laugh.

POLT

"Call 911!" "Dewey! What part of this looks like authority should be involved?" - Hal, Malcolm In The Middle

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I never get tired of seeing sweet Freddies photos. Does that family own stock in a pasta company?