Monday, June 11, 2007

A victim of these gay days it seems...

So, as i mentioned earlier, Saturday was Capitol Gay Pride in DC. Ag, her guy Andy, and I went. Had a fabulous time. And, of course, I got PHO-TOS! (sing that along with me again....PHO-TOS! Okay, moving on...)

The parade began at 630, which, after checking my blog from last year, I found out that's when it began last year too. Ag and I both thought it was 500 for some reason. Luckily we found out before we left. We stopped and ate at Applebees, and I made a toast. to my fairy godfather, Mark. He who accompanied us so many times to Pride, and took us to DC on so many trips, but has unfortunately moved back to Michigan a few years ago, and has not been able to go to DC. I just wanted him mentioned during the trip, so he'd be with us in spirit, if not in body.

We got to our regular spot (on New Hampshire, in from the hotel with Jury's in it, and thankfully, in the shade). I thought we were further down the street a bit, but Ag insisted we stand where she was, and so I relented. only problem was, we ended up surrounded by lesbians. Now these particular lesbians turned out to be pretty cool, as they were funny and we all spoke and joked and stuff.

Anyway, have I mentioned, I have PHO-TOS!!!! And without further ado....

Okay, firstly, at the Metro station we have Ag and Andy getting off the elevator.


Prior to the Parade actually starting, lines formed along the route. On the opposite from us, was this cutie, which you might not be able to tell from here, but who had really nice arms.

This shows you the line along the Parade route.


This was a HOT GUY (look for a reoccuring theme) carrying on the banners.


This was a group of gay and lesbian families. I love all the kids there, carrying the sign, riding scooters, riding in wagons, being carried by moms and dads. A number of them would be looking out at us like "What, what, why are you all clapping and yelling?" that just made them even cuter.


In the families group here are two hot dads with thier son on the tricycle at the bottom of the photo.


Later in the Parade, here's three HOT GUYS, the one in the hat at the left was particular cute.


An Asian cute, a real HOT GUY.


This wasn't the family group, but nontheless here is a mom carrying her baby. And boy did he YAWN when he went past us. I guess this parade business is really tiring!


I have no idea who Anthony Fenty is, other than some DC policitian. I DO know he's freakin sexy. He's the bald black man in the lavendar shirt on the left. And surrounding him are some of the HOT GUYS in his entourage.


Just some cute lil HOT GUY carrying a banner.


DC has a non-voting representative in the House of Representative, and I think from the position's inception, it's been Eleanor Holmes Norton. She is a huge supportor of gays, and has walked in every parade I've been to. This is her, albeit a bit blurry, cause I've not quite got the hang of moving subjects/zooming aspects of the camera.


just some chick with a huge afro.


These two cutie were behind us up on the hotel's pullup area, watching the Parade. Blurry they may be, but in real life, they were two HOT GUYS.


Just some more HOT GUYS walking in the Parade.


Among the politicos that marched in the Parade was NOT Hillary Clinton. Although she DID have people marching in it for her, handing out buttons and such. I'm still a John Edwards supporter, but the fact that Hillary was the ONLY Democrat running for president who even bothered the have a presence in the parade, has got me thinking.


These are three HOT GUYS walking in the Hillary contingent. the guy's who's face is covered was the cutest. The mask on the shirtless guy? nope, no idea. But he's not bad to look at...and the mask adds an air of mystery.....


This is a HOT GUY in a wife-beater and Mexican boxers with a football. No I don't know what group he belonged to either...you'll soon get the drift that the group they are with is less relevant than the hottest of the guy himself. Also, behind him is a horse drawn carriage with Annie herself from Annie's steakhouse fame. Been in the Parade for YEARS, she has.


A HOT GUY Asian in the Human Rights Campaign group.


During a lull I attempted to take a photo of myself. Once more, not having a handle on the zooming thingee, this is the result.


But once I zoomed it out, I got the photo of Ag and I. Notice the purple beads I'm wearing...the only set of beads I caught, and they matched my purple t-shirt!


A random HOT GUY throwing out beads to the crowd.


One of the bands, led by two FAB-ulous drag queens and a real cute guy on the right carrying a flag.


HOT GUY Asian in white t-shirt.


HOT GUY shirtless on a float.


Across from us in the crowd was the hairy Hispanic HOT GUY who had his shirt unbuttoned. After I took this photo I noticed he was looking right at me. i smiled, he smiled back and all was well with the world. As the Parade went on, his jeans shorts got lower and lower, revealing the bikini briefs he was wearing underneath. Only at a Gay Pride parade can the spectators be as interesting as the Parade participant.


A baton thrower who just WAS 'all that'!


Another of thebands. I wasn't taking a photo of anyone in particular, just wanted to show the rainbow uniforms and the purple feathers in the hats!


Three drag queens riding in a car. And no, not every drag queen is fabulous....


HOT GUY 1 on float.


HOT GUY 2 with same float.


HOT GUY 1 again.


HOT GUY 3 on same float.


Group of HOT GUYS, the DC Seamen...some sort of gay swimming club. All I know is, there were cute guys, cute Asian guys, in Speedos roaming about.


Second photo of the DC Seamen.


A leather guy on the hood of the truck pulling a float.


Purple hat on the driver of the Freddie's Bar car.


People on the Freddie's Bar float. Sorry it's blurry, but as I hope you can see, there's HOT GUYS on board.


Shirtless HOT GUYS walking in the Parade.


HOT GUY in leather by some cage on a float. Somehow, I missed a photo of the HOT GUYS IN the cage.


Horse drawn carriage with little Jack Russell terrier in front between the two ladies. He looking all around, taking it all in. Didn't bark at all though.


Asians....nuff said.


This Asian I thought was pretty cute, so i had to get another photo. I think he saw the flash, cause when I took the camera down, he was still looking at me, and when I smiled, he waved. I waved back. oooo.....Asian in a Speedo....


HOT GUY Asians in the back of a truck.


This was Mrs., Miss, and Mr. Remingtons, a western gay bar in DC. Mr. was kinda cute.


Freddie, my guy, speaks Spanish pretty well, and Ag and I both agreed that he should have been here to translate this sign for us. SO I took a photo. Freddie, care to translate, maybe in the comment section?


Anyone that wears a hat that large, with just a Speedo and ankle boots with at least six inch heels and a white cape deserves his photo taken, dont you think?


Ag laughed out loud at this float. She said this is what I needed. My closets (and whole apartment)DO need cleaned....and there are secrets that need kept. I had to get a photo just cause I loved the slogan.


Loved this old lady walking by carrying these signs. Every year, my favorite groups is PFLAG (Parents and Friend Of Lesbians And Gays). they carry the signs saying "I love my gay daughter" and "I'm proud of my gay son" and so forth. Usually brings a tear to my eye. I clap my loudest and cheer the loudest then. Only problem is, I never remember to get a photo of them. Well, this lady was closest, so I wanted to mention PFLAG here. Oh, and also, you can see hairy Hispanic guy in the upper right, standing, with jean shorts drooping a bit.


this little guy was along with his two dads. he'd run something out to someone in the crowd, hand it to them and then run back to his dads to get another one. I don't know what it was (there was all kinds of beads, candy, pamphlets, stickers, etc,etc, passed and thrown out), but I thought he was particularly cute, running all over, enjoying himself.


Some clergy are actually open-minded enough to be in the Parade. God bless them. Had to get thier photo.


Just a couple of HOT GUYS.


As I said earlier, we were surrounded by lesbians. A few of thier fag freinds came to stand with them, including the cute number here...half obscured by the damn lesbians.


Four big drag queens wearing really bit hats! Good thing it wasn't real windy, eh?


And I HAD to get another photo of the purple drag queen!


Don't know why they were there, but here's two puppies walking along in the Parade. And hairy Hispanic boy is now in the far left.


DC Dancing Cowboys....


....wearing Speedos!


Cowboys dancing in Speedos.


Did I mention they were cowboys? Dancing cowboys in Speedos?


Dancing. Cowboys. Speedos.


HOT GUY with supersoaker in back of truck.


Results is a gym that always has a huge float in the Parade. This year was no different. But apparently, their sites are under construction.


Construction workers, guys riding stationary bikes. And the shirtless muscular HOT GUY black man on top doing pushups....watching him gave me goosebumps, I shit you not. Ask Ag, she'll tell ya. She saw the goosebumps.


HOT GUY with a nifty headband too.


HOT GUY wearing very little.


HOT GUY with an awesome chest.


DC Rowers. May I point out that the cute smaller GUY with the bullhorn also has a whip, that he was cracking all around. And damn, he looked HOT in the Spandex.


HOT GUY Asian in leather riding the last float.


After the Parade as people filled the street, I snapped this HOT GUY photo.


And this HOT GUY photo as well, although some of the chicks with hit got in the way.


Once we reached the parking garage at the Metro stop, I noticed the Pride Flag on another car.


And here is Miss Cleo, who got us there. She didn't get to see the Parade, but I'm sure the other car celebrated with her.


Neither Ag nor I have the beads we caught. As we were going down the escalator at the Metro stop, I heard a mother with her like 5 year old daughter behind me talking. Mom said that there was a Girl Scout rally, a Gay Pride rally and a Peace Rally all going on at the same time. (Presumably, they went to the Girl Scout one). Ahead of us were two guys that had at least a dozen strands of beads on thier necks and the girl made come comment about it. mom said, "Yeah, look at thier beads. Maybe we went to the wrong rally, huh?" i thought of my lovely purple beads, but then thought of the little girl not having ANY beads, so i took off my beads and handed them to her. Mom told her to say thank you and she did and immediately put them on. Mom then went on to tell me her brother was at the Gay Pride celebration too.

About this time, I saw Ag, who behind the woman and he daughter, take off her beads and hand them to me to give to the girl. The girl didn't want to take them, but mom pointed out the Lily would really like those, so the girl took them for Lily, who I found out was the girl's sister.

Our good deed for the day was done. Perhaps we did a little good to make up for all the bad stuff I was thinking during the Parade!

And that's it folks, at least until next June!

POLT

That is so gay, and I mean all three definitions. - Gwen, Eating Out

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time was had by all. Those hot guys make me wish we had a Gay parade within 50 miles of here.

Anonymous said...

Yep, looks like a great time, thanks for all the photos.

Onanite