Thursday, June 28, 2007

Undress me, will I look like a fool (Part 64)...

It's time once more for....



38 years ago, in the early hours of a Saturday morning, at a bar in New York City, gay men and lesbians stood up and said ENOUGH to the police who had baselessly hassled and arrested them. They fought back against the authorities, for three nights over five days they did so, standing up for thier rights. This is what we now call the Stonewall Riots. And it marked the beginning of the gay rights movement.

So, today, on both HNT and the annivesary of Stonewall, I combine the two. I salute the gays and queer, dykes and fags, homos and lesbos that fought for the rights that i now take, more or less, for granted.



If you want to get a look at what others are doing on this fine HNT, click the HNT button in my sidebar.

POLT

GOP does NOT spell God.

14 comments:

Bunny said...

Fly that flag high and proud!! HHNT and Happy Stonewall Anniversary!

Brandi said...

What a wonderful salute! Happy HNT!

Snow White said...

I love it! Happy HNT! xox

m_o_o_nspells said...

Great idea Poltie...what better way to pay tribute than to get nekkid but for that beautiful, multi-coloured flag!
HHNT and happy (?!) anniversary!

tkkerouac said...

You look great in bright colours, Happy HNT!

Sexy Duet said...

Great tribute Polt, Happy HNT!

Ms SD

Vixen said...

I agree, great tribute!

HappyHNT! :)

Cosima said...

Fly the flag, Polt!

Happy HNT!

A Bronx Tale said...

Happy HNT!!!

And good on you for fighting for your rights.

Anonymous said...

A wonderful way to celebrate the anniversary!

HHNt!

Anonymous said...

Super tribute to the men and women of Stonewall. They were some brave folks. They jeopardized everything, family job, and friends. We all need to remember it wasn't always like the show "Will and Grace."

oldfashionmomma said...

now that is the way to hang the pride flag :D

Hapy HNT

SIMPLY ME said...

I see Purple is the first stripe, how fitting......Stand tall my friend and Happy late HNT

S said...

Sorry Im so late Polt, I couldnt comment on your blog yeserday! And did I detect a RHPS reference the day before?
Have a great weekend man!