Saturday, December 08, 2007

I got a rockin' pneumonia...

There was a guy at work, he was in a different division than us, but still had reason to come to our building nonetheless. And when he was here, he was the biggest, most arrogant fucktard (thanks Bunny ) you'd ever wanna met. Or NOT meet, as the case may be.

He strutted around here as if he owned the place. Planted himself in temporarily vacant desk and spread his papers all out to organize them at a slow pace, even after the desk's occupant had returned. He used the copier taking up all our paper, like they didn't have copiers or paper in HIS building. He rarely if ever said a word, and NEVER said hi or how ya doin or smiled. But he had an arrogant smirk on his face, as if to say, Yeah my life sucks, but at least I'm not stuck out here with you pathetic fools. Or at least that's what it seemed like to me.

I never had a good word to say about the man, and yes, called him all sorts of names with my co-workers after he left. No love was lost between us.

Yesterday he died of pneumonia. He was 46. He was just in here last week, and now he's dead.

I'm conflicted. I still have nothing good to say about the man, but one shouldn't speak ill of the dead. I'm not sure what kind of person it makes me to NOT be upset that the man is dead. Not that I WANTED him dead or anything, I just don't care that he died. Perhaps I'll just extend my sympathy to his family and friends (assuming he had any) if anyone says anything to me about it.

POLT Oil: 88.28 (-.06); Gas: 3.02 (-.03)

Listening to "All Because Of You" by U2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. "Ill of the dead". That's always been a weird conflict for me.

I mean, you can speak dead of the dead, or living of the living, or even living of the dead. So was is so wrong with speaking ill of the dead. It's kind of like halfway dead anyway. Right? It would be like not talking about someone while they were ill and getting ready to die. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. If he was a jerk while he was ill and getting ready to die then so be it. He could have been a nice guy who was ill and getting ready to die and you would still be speaking about the ill who was getting ready to die. Right?

Fairy Godfather.