Sunday, December 30, 2007

Through my window, that's what you are my shining star...

As you've seen in previous posts, I've put up two Christmas trees this year. In addition, i hung a string of Christmas lights along a doorway and I've got my Star Trek ornaments hanging there. But, after all my decorating, I had nothing on the outside. Nothing that anyone could see walking or driving by.

So earlier in the month, I bought a lighted star that normally goes on the top of a tree. The door that leads out to my balcony is basically just glass, and I hung it there. that way, at least, people could see the star when I plugged it in. And I just recently managed to get a photo of it.



This is taken from the street looking up at the house I live in. I'm on the third floor, its all mine. You can see the front porch as well as the underside of my balcony. And just above that, you can see the star.

I like it cause, unless the lade in the lower right apartment plugs in the candles in her front windows, it's the only thing in the entire house that shows any kind of Christmas decorating. And I like that it's simple, and understated, not all gaudy (like my tree) or overbearing (like many many overdecorated houses I've seen around town).

POLT

Listening to the Titans-Colts game.

1 comment:

Mariposa said...

It looks awesome...love the simplicity!

Happy new year to you!